PDA

View Full Version : HID or Crystal vision

iLlusion10
29-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Hey guys, still tossing up between getting HIDs or crystal visions in a standard accord euro. The stock lights are pretty crap atm, but still not sure which one to get, has anyone got a good comparison between them in the accord euro projectors? Also has anyone had issues with defects/insurance issues? I'd be sticking to around 5000-6000K but if there's a lot of issues, i might just stick with crystal visions

Chris_F
29-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Go crystal vision. They are less ugly and yellow when compared to the standard globes and shouldn't have any trouble from the cops with them since the light they produce is white.

HID's in a standard Euro are technically illegal since you don't have headlight washers or auto levelers.

tony1234
29-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Go crystal vision. They are less ugly and yellow when compared to the standard globes and shouldn't have any trouble from the cops with them since the light they produce is white.

HID's in a standard Euro are technically illegal since you don't have headlight washers or auto levelers.
Agreed.Also the projectors in the std model dont really work that well with HIDs as projectors are different in both std.and lux.models.

Xplodin
29-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Agree with Tony there!!! Get yourself a Set of HID Projectors from the Euro Lux... Should find them around on ebay and wreckers... They fit Snugg and you wont blind anyone driving the other way.

Type R Positive
29-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Try the narva blue power globes. They are +80's, and cost about $40 a pair.
I highly recommend them, but they are nothing compared to HIDs.
Depending on where I end up work wise, I will be going HIDs.

iLlusion10
29-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Agree with Tony there!!! Get yourself a Set of HID Projectors from the Euro Lux... Should find them around on ebay and wreckers... They fit Snugg and you wont blind anyone driving the other way.

hrmm how much are euro lux projectors aroundish?

euro1603
29-09-2009, 10:55 PM
yeah i'm in the same boat.. i have a set of hid kit sitting there waiting for install. but from what people have said, the hid kit a on std cl9 projector is no good.. can someone post a photo of the what the projector vision look like on hid in a stand cl9 ..thanks

tony1234
30-09-2009, 07:32 AM
yeah i'm in the same boat.. i have a set of hid kit sitting there waiting for install. but from what people have said, the hid kit a on std cl9 projector is no good.. can someone post a photo of the what the projector vision look like on hid in a stand cl9 ..thanks
It's not that bad.It's just that the cutoff is not quite right due to the projectors.

Atjo
30-09-2009, 03:08 PM
I have a spare H1 HID slim kit if you go with just HID kit.

iLlusion10
01-10-2009, 09:53 AM
has anyone tried the MTEC extended wattage, not sure which one would be brighter? Crystal vision or mtec 100w extended.

euro1603
01-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Halogen lights are just no where near HID brightness. I have a set of PIAA halogen, pushes to 120w still no where near HID..

curtis265
02-10-2009, 11:32 AM

I always see oncoming ones, thinking it's some fool in an older civic/lude or something... but then i'm shocked to see it's a euro.. wtih projectors!

the HID euros have auto-levellers :O? that's awsome!

taccord12
26-11-2009, 09:27 PM
What kind of bulbs are in the CU2 Euro Hid low beam and high beam, and what kind of temps can you replace them with if you really wanted to ?