PDA

View Full Version : How to- Distributor

mike0094
30-09-2009, 12:31 PM
when i loosen the bolts on my dizzy to replace the O ring, how EXACTLY do i take the diz off without turning anything etc...does it just fall off easily or do i have to pull it towards me, twist it a certain way etc? its not a difficult question to answer and i don wanna tug it the wrong way and screw up the timing or whatever.............

vinnY
30-09-2009, 12:54 PM
unclip the harness from the dizzy
undo the bolts and just pull out

string
30-09-2009, 01:17 PM
There's no way to do it without screwing up the timing - that's why timing lights were invented.

vinnY
30-09-2009, 01:23 PM
just mark out where it was, line it up as best as you can while reinstalling until you can get hold of a timing light to use

TheGoodDeal
30-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Just before remove the dizzy use pen or knife mark a straight line across dizzy body (metal part) and the engine. Also remember mark the position of the DISTRIBUTOR IGNITION (DI) ROTOR pointing to. Then when you put dizzy back on adjust the dizzy so that the line is alight and also adjust DISTRIBUTOR IGNITION (DI) ROTOR to same pointing position for easy push it back in.

Limbo
30-09-2009, 02:06 PM
yup, that's assuming your timing was good to begin with ;)

ECU-MAN
06-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Just before remove the dizzy use pen or knife mark a straight line across dizzy body (metal part) and the engine. Also remember mark the position of the DISTRIBUTOR IGNITION (DI) ROTOR pointing to. Then when you put dizzy back on adjust the dizzy so that the line is alight and also adjust DISTRIBUTOR IGNITION (DI) ROTOR to same pointing position for easy push it back in.

it can only go in one way