PDA

View Full Version : My '09 Black Jazz

ggvfr
30-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Hi guys, new to this forum (have been on many Subaru forums with my lifted H6 Outback - now used as my "family" car) and have recently purchased a Black '09 Gli... 5sp

But... things don't stand still long for me - I've already turned it from 'plain jane' to 'stealth' ....

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9910/jazznearfinished005.jpg

3 weeks old today....

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9655/jazznearfinished010.jpg

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5940/jazznearfinished008.jpg

Mods so far -

Tint (by tinter, of course)
Sunroof
Window visors
Foglights (not purchased at Honda pricing)
"Fit" sill protectors
17 x 7 rims and 205/40 tyres
Chrome accents under door handles
Rear Spoiler (Honda factory standard)
Smoked tail lights
Replaced Headlights
Double DIN Stereo housing
JVC USB/iPod stereo
Sony Xplod 4way speakers in all doors
Debadged (i-Vtec) badge
Top tint on windscreen

The car is a daily driver and I use it as my work car... to date 3k in 3 weeks at an avg 6.5l/100km (corrected)

Look forward to contributing and learning.
All feedback welcome.

Still to come - when Honda gets stock (purchased new with the vehicle) -

Factory front spoiler
Door protector strips

I posted this in the intro section but actually posted onto the end of another posters intro.... :o so now it's here for all and sundry to view and critique...

Cheers
Garry

wasabiz
30-09-2009, 08:42 PM
how scary is that????? 3 weeks 3000!!! 1000 k a week.. fark you must been traveling out everywhere anywhere...

how did you get the sun roof?? its not an option on honda... aftermarket installment?

anyway, need to get the car slammed to the ground dude.. looks like a snow plower =p lol...

love the lights.. something different i seen from the ge ;)

ggvfr
30-09-2009, 08:54 PM
...and that 3k was with it off the road for 2 days while I played with the lights and fogs... (fitting them, that is..)

Can't lower it, I have a steep driveway and already scrape coming out :(

I carry a fair bit of gear with me for work (it's my "work" car thanks to the government 50% tax incentives, how good is that?!!) and need the car to carry it comfortably. I'm actually getting some STD height but heavier duty rear springs made.

I had the roof fitted via the dealer (after sourcing a fitter etc myself) so that the cost appeared on the invoice - lets me claim back the GST and get it included in the 50% incentive... might as well get as much as I can back from the tax I pay!

Cheers

luzinit
01-10-2009, 12:24 AM
lights and fogs are a pain in the butt! took me 7hrs straight to install mine on the vtis model. cutting and drilling into the bumper and grille was a bit nerve wrecking. how did u find the installation?

ggvfr
01-10-2009, 06:22 AM
lights and fogs are a pain in the butt! took me 7hrs straight to install mine on the vtis model. cutting and drilling into the bumper and grille was a bit nerve wrecking. how did u find the installation?

Yeah, I know what you mean :eek: Mine was one week old when I made it look like this...

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/97/hondajazzheadandfogligh.jpg

...then to replace the headlights...

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/97/hondajazzheadandfogligh.jpg

Just shows there's not a lot there when the plastic bumper and headlights are removed!!

I did mine over two evenings.

Cheers

Dreams
01-10-2009, 06:42 AM
luv black. how much was the bill before the 50% with all the accesories.

FitRS
01-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Awesome work!

Didn't realise the lights were such a pita..

edit: Even though the door strips help protect your car, I personally wouldn't go with it as it disrupts the clean look you're going with.

samsung001
01-10-2009, 05:20 PM
nice one mate.....but 17 x 7 rims and 205/40 tyres for 1.3 GLI? i just wonder if you would find its a bit hard to takeoff... especially uphill...haha;)

ggvfr
01-10-2009, 05:51 PM
nice one mate.....but 17 x 7 rims and 205/40 tyres for 1.3 GLI? i just wonder if you would find its a bit hard to takeoff... especially uphill...haha;)

Not at all, the overall tyre size is within 2% of the original - 175/65-15 vs 205/40-17 - try it on a size calculator such as

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalcold.html

Had there been a huge difference I wouldn't have fitted them... My driveway is quite steep and, fully laden, there is no problem whatsoever...

Cheers

ggvfr
01-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Awesome work!

Didn't realise the lights were such a pita..

edit: Even though the door strips help protect your car, I personally wouldn't go with it as it disrupts the clean look you're going with.

There are actually brackets (or runners) bolted to the original lights that the 'wrap around' of the bumper clips onto... so there was no way they were coming out without taking off the bumper! These brackets are unbolted and fitted to the new headlights during the swap.

You can actually see them along the lower front edge of each light in the photo...

..and to get the grille out to cut for the fogs you have to remove the bumper - so, much better to do it all in one go

Cheers

J-Train
01-10-2009, 05:58 PM
very nice car. So many nice mods 50% tax is tasty.
look forward to seeing what else you have install for her.

samsung001
01-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Not at all, the overall tyre size is within 2% of the original - 175/65-15 vs 205/40-17 - try it on a size calculator such as

Had there been a huge difference I wouldn't have fitted them... My driveway is quite steep and, fully laden, there is no problem whatsoever...

Cheers

oh really ? i'm tempted to upgrade mine one.:cool:

curtis265
01-10-2009, 09:19 PM
i like it, minus the rims.

dyljoy
02-10-2009, 12:01 AM
nice work and welcome to Jazz's world

Tinter
03-10-2009, 08:45 PM
I saw you on the road the other day Gary and it looked great.:wave:
Rob.

fundies
13-10-2009, 12:50 PM

Cheers

Its the mass of this wheel and tyre size which WILL slow down your Jazz. Those wheels dont look lightweight by any means. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

ggvfr
14-10-2009, 05:26 AM
Its the mass of this wheel and tyre size which WILL slow down your Jazz. Those wheels dont look lightweight by any means. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Having weighed the wheels I CAN say that there is basically no difference between them and the STEEL wheels that were fitted as standard.... that "floats my boat"...

UNLS1
15-10-2009, 07:36 AM
i saw this car this morn in dora st heidelberg.

looks good, the only thing i dont like is i saw a Type R badge on the back i think, thats kinda gay for a 1.3 jazz.

if im wrong apologies.

fundies
15-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Having weighed the wheels I CAN say that there is basically no difference between them and the STEEL wheels that were fitted as standard.... that "floats my boat"...

Crap mate. Look, I'm glad you like your wheels, but I know how much these generic 17 inch rims and 205 tyres usually weigh, and its usually 5-6kg more per wheel and tyre than the steelies with smaller tyres. This topic has been discussed numerous times on this forum, and they WILL slow your 1.3 Jazz down, as well as lift the fuel useage. I bought a very similar style 16 inch rim with 195/45/16 tyres, and the weight over the standard rims was 6kg per wheel and tyre. Needles to say, I've swapped to lightweight 15's, and get a better performance result. Those rims will sink your boat, not float them :)

fundies
19-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Crap mate. Look, I'm glad you like your wheels, but I know how much these generic 17 inch rims and 205 tyres usually weigh, and its usually 5-6kg more per wheel and tyre than the steelies with smaller tyres. This topic has been discussed numerous times on this forum, and they WILL slow your 1.3 Jazz down, as well as lift the fuel useage. I bought a very similar style 16 inch rim with 195/45/16 tyres, and the weight over the standard rims was 6kg per wheel and tyre. Needles to say, I've swapped to lightweight 15's, and get a better performance result. Those rims will sink your boat, not float them :)

I still think your car looks very nice though, and I'm glad you like it.

ep3_ctr
10-11-2009, 04:52 PM
rims are pretty bad, why wouldnt you get some nice lightweight 15 or 16 inch jap rims? door sills are rice but other than that car is looking good. Is there really a type r badge on the back lmao?

fchiew0304
14-11-2009, 09:36 AM
not sure if i saw ur ride along londale st on wed afternoon.. similar to my ride except for my clear tailight and mugen spoiler.

TypeG
23-11-2009, 10:26 AM
4 wd jazz again...

08ESE
23-11-2009, 06:31 PM
rockin car. not a fan of the wheels though, but its still better than my jazz by a longshot :)

i changed from 17" heavy chromies back to 16" light weight wheels and it made my car eleventy times nicer to drive, and it also helped the acceleration a great deal too.