PDA

View Full Version : Brand new Honda Accord limited edition for 34990

praja6
01-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Hi guys,

If anyone on the market for brand new accord, just found out from Honda Australia site, the accord limited edition for 34990 drive away

http://offers.honda.com.au/offers_detail.aspx?view=21&model=1

Thanks

rojak1
14-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Anyone bought this limited edition?

rojak1
19-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Anyone bought this limited edition?

took delivery of this new car today, a bit disappointed with all the dust in the edges, oil on center console, duct tape residual on white paint, dust and small chunck of rubbish on both driver and passenger seats. the rest is good atm, no scratches discovered as yet, no zebra paint, no rattling so far, electronic works ok, still haven't tested bluetooth, cd changer and wiper, gearbox a bit nervous probably because its new.

Drove 30km back, its officially a used car now.

Troy
19-09-2010, 08:27 PM
took delivery of this new car today, a bit disappointed with all the dust in the edges, oil on center console, duct tape residual on white paint, dust and small chunck of rubbish on both driver and passenger seats. the rest is good atm, no scratches discovered as yet, no zebra paint, no rattling so far, electronic works ok, still haven't tested bluetooth, cd changer and wiper, gearbox a bit nervous probably because its new.

Drove 30km back, its officially a used car now.

Mate sounds like it wasn't detailed properly, would definitely complain! A few years ago I did detailing part-time for a dealership with new Fords and Mercedes (over the road but same owner), we literally spent at least 2 hours from top to toe ensuring every spec was completely clean. Thorough wash and chamois, vacuum was my part of the job, then the other guys did the full detailing - glass, seals, tyres, engine bay, the works.

Sounds like it came straight off the truck to you or something...

rojak1
19-09-2010, 10:11 PM
hi troy,

i think it did came straight off the truck and the dealer coudn't stand my ignorant and was preparing the car really fast for me.

i just cleaned up the whole car after i got it, but to my surprise the control panel on the driver side (the one with window and central lock button) is loose, i can lift the whole panel up.

i am thinking of setting up a blog and record all the things from purchase to take delivery and to update what get fixed and what not, could be helpful.

Troy
20-09-2010, 09:04 PM
I would give them a call. Definitely a good idea to write everything down, if you can document with pictures that would be even better.

bono
20-09-2010, 10:54 PM
I bought the previous 40th Anniverssary Edition. Maybe should have waited for the Limited Edition. It seems you get more for the same price. You can also get leather trim with this model. However, not a big fan of the front lower chrome trim. A little too bling for me I think. I've owned the Accord for 9 months and 10,000km now. So far I've experienced with the car,

1. Annoying rattling from rear parcel shelf. Took to dealer but not fixed successfully. Went to Clark rubbber and bought a strip of 1/2 inch thick rubber. Wedged it between the rear windscreen and edge of rer parcel. No more rattles.

2. Some minor rattling on the driver side door and rear left passenger door area. Not yet resolved yet.

3. Can smell the hot brake pad (most likely the rears) after stepping out of the car. Even without heavy braking and in cool weather.

4. Need to slam the rear boot a little harder than normal to close.

5. Boot is an odd shape so not as useful than expected.

6. Wiper blade action can be noisy. Either screech or thud sound.

7. Air conditioning turning on and off whilst idling is pretty noisy and vibration can be felt on the steering wheel. Very surprised for this sized engine.

8. Centre interior ceiling light blown after a month. A nightmare to remove the cover to replace.

9. Shifting gears from park-reverse-drive can sometimes be pretty clunky.

10. The low fuel warning light goes on when you only have approx. 5-6 litres of fuel left in the tank. This is too late if the nearest fuel stop is 100kms away. A trip computer would have been good.

Troy
21-09-2010, 08:42 PM
10. The low fuel warning light goes on when you only have approx. 5-6 litres of fuel left in the tank. This is too late if the nearest fuel stop is 100kms away. A trip computer would have been good.

I understand this is frustrating if it actually happened to you, but seriously this is pretty funny!

rojak1
24-09-2010, 08:22 PM
shocking turning circle

boleh
27-09-2010, 04:23 PM
sounds like what you get in a commodore :S

8700s14
27-09-2010, 04:36 PM
I bought the previous 40th Anniverssary Edition. Maybe should have waited for the Limited Edition. It seems you get more for the same price. You can also get leather trim with this model. However, not a big fan of the front lower chrome trim. A

You know you can look at the gauge before the light shows up?

On a more serious note, its a pretty poor limited edition, why not put leather in at least or something?

Troy
27-09-2010, 11:45 PM

Okay so apart from the fact this is funny and I laughed, it actually sobered me for a second to realise that I haven't tested out my car yet. Generally over the years as I've acquired a different car, I would run it down really low/out of fuel so I can get a feel of how many kay's with the guage down low, does the fuel light work etc... (often with a jerry can and/or very near to a servo).

So I ran my current car down, down, down well past the stage where normally I would have just filled up. I got at least another 100+km of city driving out of it! Now I hit at least 550km to the tank instead of 400-450. So thanks for the inspiration... instead of "thinking" that my car has pretty crap fuel economy, I know that it's actually pretty decent.

True story

rojak1
28-09-2010, 05:53 PM
You know you can look at the gauge before the light shows up?

On a more serious note, its a pretty poor limited edition, why not put leather in at least or something?

Honda Australia provides warranty to the airbags but they will not cover your side airbag in the event that it does not deploy due to after market modification. <-- this includes your leather upgrade on a factory fabric seat car from Honda dealer, but i am sure you if you did opt for an after market leather upgrade you would ask for a warranty from your local honda dealer.

I prefer warranty from Honda when i buy a Honda, sure you don't want to buy a ferrari with the engine warrant by suzuki and headlights from Bunnings, let alone the airbags that you might only feel it once in the lifetime. :)

get a luxury if you want leather.

8700s14
28-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Honda Australia provides warranty to the airbags but they will not cover your side airbag in the event that it does not deploy due to after market modification. <-- this includes your leather upgrade on a factory fabric seat car from Honda dealer, but i am sure you if you did opt for an after market leather upgrade you would ask for a warranty from your local honda dealer.

I prefer warranty from Honda when i buy a Honda, sure you don't want to buy a ferrari with the engine warrant by suzuki and headlights from Bunnings, let alone the airbags that you might only feel it once in the lifetime. :)

get a luxury if you want leather.

I don't understand what you are saying? Surely if Honda released an Accord with leather, it is not an aftermarket leather upgrade?

rojak1
28-09-2010, 07:42 PM
I am talking about VTI or limited edition Accord which doesn't have factory leather seat, even if you upgrade to leather seat at your local honda dealer, which is always the case, your seat side airbag may not be covered by Honda warranty in the event of an accident and the airbag does not deploy due to after market modification, because the leather upgrade at your local honda dealer is considered an after market modification, the car didn't roll out of Honda factory with leather seat.

rojak1
06-10-2010, 09:54 AM
anyone realize the LE price was dropped to 33490 for couple of days on honda website, then it was back up to 34990 again?

rojak1
20-10-2010, 03:42 PM
how long before you get the details of road side assistance program after purchasing a new vehicle?

mike0094
20-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Ive had my LE for about a year now, ive got about 10,000ks done on it
i got mine in black with a boot spoiler, door protection mouldings and mud guards, it looks fantastic.
Havent had any real problems with it, i notice people complain about rattles and things but so far mines been great, the boot is a little hard to close as someones mentioned already, and the drivers seat could be a bit more comfortable but apart from this i love the car. It annoyed me that a special edition was released a few months later but apparently it has leather, the last thing i want to do is get into a 80 degree car when its summer and sit on a hot plate...im happy the 40th ann doesnt have leather.. The 10,000k service at honda trivett blacktown was $195 and they were so friendly and proffessional...really happy so far ( :

Troy
21-10-2010, 12:39 PM
how long before you get the details of road side assistance program after purchasing a new vehicle?

I don't see why you shouldn't get it straight away, if you paid for it (or it was included), contact the dealer for the info?

rojak1
21-10-2010, 09:18 PM
driven the car for almost 1 month now, dealer said the roadside assist will come in mail, it hasn't turn up, call them up the sales guy said it takes time, i mean, if it was included why didn;t i get it on the delivery? weird. i will call them again tommorow.

Danzvtil
21-10-2010, 09:44 PM
HI All

See my comments below, some of these points have their own threads:

I bought the previous 40th Anniverssary Edition. Maybe should have waited for the Limited Edition. It seems you get more for the same price. You can also get leather trim with this model. However, not a big fan of the front lower chrome trim. A little too bling for me I think. I've owned the Accord for 9 months and 10,000km now. So far I've experienced with the car,

1. Annoying rattling from rear parcel shelf. Took to dealer but not fixed successfully. Went to Clark rubbber and bought a strip of 1/2 inch thick rubber. Wedged it between the rear windscreen and edge of rer parcel. No more rattles.Mine was fixed under warranty-looked like they did excactly as you did and wedged rubber in.
2. Some minor rattling on the driver side door and rear left passenger door area. Not yet resolved yet.

3. Can smell the hot brake pad (most likely the rears) after stepping out of the car. Even without heavy braking and in cool weather.Ditto with mine, would be related to the premature rear brake pad wear issue4. Need to slam the rear boot a little harder than normal to close.Your dealer should be able to adjust this

7. Air conditioning turning on and off whilst idling is pretty noisy and vibration can be felt on the steering wheel. Very surprised for this sized engine.

8. Centre interior ceiling light blown after a month. A nightmare to remove the cover to replace.

9. Shifting gears from park-reverse-drive can sometimes be pretty clunky.This is a known characteristic of this model, I doubt honda will let it happen again in the next model Accord

I would imagine the VTIL and V6 models would potentially have more rattles and squeaks due to riding on 17s with stiff suspension, mine has a slight rattle from behind the glove box, the biggest noise i notice is the leather "jiggling" over bumps from time to time.I turn the radio up.

rojak1
27-10-2010, 05:19 PM
bought the car for almost 1.5 months now, still haven't receive anything in the mail regarding the road side assist, what can i do? :(

Troy
28-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Go back and complain? Contact Honda Australia HQ?

praja6
30-10-2010, 10:08 PM
bought the car for almost 1.5 months now, still haven't receive anything in the mail regarding the road side assist, what can i do? :(

Did SOmeone from Honda office called you after a week you purchased your car to check your details? I got a call from HA within a week i bought my Accord Euro CU2 back in April(that time there was no promotion for 5yr warranty and roadside assistant, but i asked the dealer to include this as part of the deal i got bargained) to verity the details, then within 1month i got the roadside assistant card via mail..

COntact Honda if you haven't received yet...

Shpox
31-10-2010, 02:29 AM

1. Annoying rattling from rear parcel shelf. Took to dealer but not fixed successfully. Went to Clark rubbber and bought a strip of 1/2 inch thick rubber. Wedged it between the rear windscreen and edge of rer parcel. No more rattles.

3. Can smell the hot brake pad (most likely the rears) after stepping out of the car. Even without heavy braking and in cool weather.

4. Need to slam the rear boot a little harder than normal to close.

9. Shifting gears from park-reverse-drive can sometimes be pretty clunky.

Excellent Post. Also owner of the 40th anniversary. Am at ~11k and have owned the car for a little over a year.

The car has been great. Main concerns are issues with squeaky brakes. See the thread here about the ongoing break issue. A few internal rattles from the center console, yet to be solved. Wiper blades are odd, can be noisy and poor. Aircon seems to 'struggle'. Quite loud and vibrations are strongly felt at idle. Boot is a strange shape. I find the light steering very annoying. Four cylinder feels underpowered in the middle of the rev range. Otherwise, it's pretty competent for daily driving. Make sure if you opt for any options, change or upgrade the cloth trim. Everything will stick to it despite being comfy.

Other than that, these are my only faults with the car. Everything else is perfect.

rojak1
31-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Excellent Post. Also owner of the 40th anniversary. Am at ~11k and have owned the car for a little over a year.

The car has been great. Main concerns are issues with squeaky brakes. See the thread here about the ongoing break issue. A few internal rattles from the center console, yet to be solved. Wiper blades are odd, can be noisy and poor. Aircon seems to 'struggle'. Quite loud and vibrations are strongly felt at idle. Boot is a strange shape. I find the light steering very annoying. Four cylinder feels underpowered in the middle of the rev range. Otherwise, it's pretty competent for daily driving. Make sure if you opt for any options, change or upgrade the cloth trim. Everything will stick to it despite being comfy.

Other than that, these are my only faults with the car. Everything else is perfect.

never even opt for leather upgrade on base model guys, side airbag may not be covered by Honda.

hondaboi
31-12-2010, 06:28 PM
So I ran my current car down, down, down well past the stage where normally I would have just filled up. I got at least another 100+km of city driving out of it! Now I hit at least 550km to the tank instead of 400-450. So thanks for the inspiration... instead of "thinking" that my car has pretty crap fuel economy, I know that it's actually pretty decent.

True story

Um, you don't have to go to that extent to determine fuel economy without a trip computer (and total range of your tank). All you do is this:

1) Fill tank up till full
2) Reset trip meter
3) Drive as you normally would, until the low fuel light comes on
4) Refill fuel tank till full, taking note of how many litres of fuel it takes to fill
5) Take the (number of litres), and divide it by the ((reading on the trip meter) divided by (100)), to get your average fuel economy.

So if, for example, you travelled 400 km until the low fuel light came on, and it took 58 litres to refill your tank completely, you would take 58 and divide it by 4 (400/100), giving you 14.5L / 100km.

Doing this is just as accurate as running the tank till empty, and more accurate than an actual trip computer.

In order to determine your total tank range, you simply extrapolate. For example, using the information above, assuming your tank is 65L, you divide 65 by 58, and multiply that by 400km, giving you a total range of 448km.

I would not recommend relying on a one time reading/calculation, without a trip computer, though. The reason being is that your total range is going to vary depending on a number of factors each time. Only with a real trip computer can you be sure of how much range you have left (and even then, I wouldn't rely completely on it!).

Troy
31-12-2010, 11:07 PM
True. But also it is good to know so that if ever you do get stuck, you know how far the gauge is going to go before you completely get run out.