PDA

View Full Version : CU2 - front speakers problem

euro2009
04-10-2009, 03:23 PM
My CU2 2009 front speaker just started playing up only after 3 months - the BASS sound really awkful - very distorted - I already book book the car in for the ping problem everyone knows about so will have them check it out too.
Has anyone had similar problem?

denot
04-10-2009, 08:00 PM
happened to me, took it to dealer and they replace the speaker.

euro2009
04-10-2009, 08:22 PM
happened to me, took it to dealer and they replace the speaker.

Thanks - I will have the ping check and have the speaker checked at the same time ( booked in a week time )

frank87
05-10-2009, 12:05 PM
i have the speaker problem sounds like farts also have the seast squeek fixed and is still now waiting for the pinging noises this car honestly is SHIT

denot
05-10-2009, 11:47 PM
i have the speaker problem sounds like farts also have the seast squeek fixed and is still now waiting for the pinging noises this car honestly is SHIT

Sorry for your bad judgement in picking which car u buy mate...

frank87
06-10-2009, 05:57 AM
yeah mate i reckon aye? had to pick the shit one......lucky u got the good 1 mate...

denot
06-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Nah mate, my car has probs as well, but i still love it! ;)

nickxau
06-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Is it possible to have the speaker "fart" but then it stops farting??? Coz I swear I heard it when I was listening to music while I was drying my car. Even got my mate to verify that he could hear the sound. Was just gonna confirm again today so the dealership can get it replaced alongside my knock sensor and s/w but it was mysteriously GONE~!?

nxn75u
07-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Yea it happen to me too.. took it to the dealer to check it on my 10 k service. When i came back to pick up the car, they say that theres nothing wrong with the speakers. I was furious and i made them come to the car with me and listen it for himself. Then he was like oh yea i heard the distortion sound now.... OMG... now i have to wait for the speakers to arrive which will be in 2 weeks or so... they are replacing my right hand front and back speakers...

CU2knight
08-10-2009, 08:17 PM
yea a few of us experiences this issue:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104091

just report it to your dealership/service center and show them what you are referring to.

furythree
09-10-2009, 01:50 AM
lol holy crap my car started to do this last week too! wtf... the cu2 is having ozhonda-wide common issues. my mate got the same issue as well. Larke hoskins fixed it up for him in 6 hrs so it appears they have the parts.

i know turning the bass to max and volume incredibly high probably caused this, but i dont see why i cant enjoy what i have to its maximum capacity.

supersaiyan
25-11-2012, 11:07 PM
is this fixed under warranty or just fixed when requested? might have this problem later, lol my friend ended up buying new speakers cos of this wow

chunsa
26-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Fixed under warranty. What you might get though from some dealers is they try to fob it off saying nothing is wrong. Keep pushing for replacement and have you playing your music etc and showing them the problem. Have had to replace mine a few times and seems to be going good for now. Otherwise out of warranty just buy something more decent than OEM.

supersaiyan
26-11-2012, 11:17 AM
damn my warranty ends this year! is this problem on all models or just a select unlucky few? thanks for the reply !!

chunsa
27-11-2012, 06:13 PM
I think it happened on 2008-2011 models (pre-facelift) haven't read anything about the facelift models experiencing the same problem though? I got the unlucky few but only speaker problem and not pinging problem (though mine's a manual and nothing yet!)

fillit
27-11-2012, 10:33 PM
had same problem (late 2008 build), driver side speaker blew.

had it fixed under extended warranty

euro_mugen
27-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Same problem here the driver side was busted jus took it to dealer under warrranty to replace it

leonr64
25-08-2013, 12:30 PM
I had all the door speakers replaced in my '08 CU2 due to severe distortion when they were quite new... Now the front right is doing it again, but only intermittently. My five year warranty expires in two weeks, so I was hoping to get it sorted, but it's hard to get the dealer to hear it when it only does it some of the time. Am thinking of biting the bullet and just replacing the front door speakers with something that sounds better and won't blow up again. In another thread, someone recommended the Polk Audio DB651 6.5". Steeler's thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?175375-DIY-%28CU2%29-Remove-passenger-door-interior-panel&highlight=remove+door gives instructions for removing the door trims, which doesn't look too hard. If I do this, is it easy to just unscrew the old speakers, disconnect, and install the new ones? Any advice welcome! :)