PDA

View Full Version : HID lights for my DC4

ncativo
04-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Hi everyone,
I just got a DC4 no long ago. However, one of my headlights got damaged last night and now I'm looking to get new lights but I don't know which ones I should get. I currently have stock lights which look a bit yellow, maybe cos they are old. I want to get HID but i am new to them so, I would like to know how much I should roughly spend, or if I should just get normal white HB4 bulbs.
If I am to get replacement bulbs, how much should I spend to get a decent set?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

WATAJK
04-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Hi everyone,
I just got a DC4 no long ago. However, one of my headlights got damaged last night and now I'm looking to get new lights but I don't know which ones I should get. I currently have stock lights which look a bit yellow, maybe cos they are old. I want to get HID but i am new to them so, I would like to know how much I should roughly spend, or if I should just get normal white HB4 bulbs.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Phillips Crystal Vision Globes
Shits all over HID's
Runs 5000k

To get them in and fitted into ur car ur lookin at being set bak $200 give or take, as you need by 2 sets if you wanna replace your highbeams aswell..
They should also change ur number plate globes as it comes in the set
Hope this helps..

BTW this is the only globe i tend to recommend as i fink its shits on HID's and the stock globes.

curtis265
04-10-2009, 09:56 PM
how's crystal vision better? they're frigging expensive and u can get some dodgy cheap'n'cheerful HID kits cheaper than that

skimboynemo
05-10-2009, 12:13 AM
hi mate, I have got spare set which is H4 HID,,,if u want it pm me.....

WATAJK
05-10-2009, 07:38 PM
how's crystal vision better? they're frigging expensive and u can get some dodgy cheap'n'cheerful HID kits cheaper than that

lol expensive?
Ur joking me right.
Go buy a decent set of HID's not aftermarket lets see how much they'll set u bak.
Lookin at $1200 so i fink my option is cheap.

THE effect the light gives off aswell is much better quality then HID's plus u won't have the fear of copping a defect.
Thanks

curtis265
05-10-2009, 09:21 PM
i meant that theyre expensive for globes.

but if i could get globes i'd much prefer that over having a stupid HID ballast.

WATAJK
05-10-2009, 09:30 PM
i meant that theyre expensive for globes.

but if i could get globes i'd much prefer that over having a stupid HID ballast.

lol :D
gotta love the blue tinge that goes through the globe ;)

curtis265
05-10-2009, 10:16 PM
om nom nom blue tinge.

I might b lookin at crystal visions one day.. wen a bulb dies on me...

kairi_k
05-10-2009, 11:07 PM
lol :D
gotta love the blue tinge that goes through the globe ;)

yea sweet look.

WATAJK
06-10-2009, 03:19 PM
yea sweet look.

the blue tinge is what won me over haha

typerdevil
06-10-2009, 06:02 PM
lol as ai recall speaking to one of the staff at autobarn the other week, well my Aftermarket HID's (8000k's) blew so yeah unfortunate but going to get some 8000k replacements soonish, but it happens back to what i was going to say apparently Phillips Crystal Vision(4300k/5000k) is not reccommended by Autobarn Staff Member, lol why? because they give off poor light in heavy rain and fog, night time, good for show buts that's why they are expensive!!! but i've tried them and yeah they don't produce much light as the HID's produce alot of light depending what k's you want as in 8000k ones light up the driveway in an instant and they are easy to adjust and align to the road, so you don't blind people. this is my 2 cents worth
:p;)

WATAJK
06-10-2009, 10:29 PM
lol as ai recall speaking to one of the staff at autobarn the other week, well my Aftermarket HID's (8000k's) blew so yeah unfortunate but going to get some 8000k replacements soonish, but it happens back to what i was going to say apparently Phillips Crystal Vision(4300k/5000k) is not reccommended by Autobarn Staff Member, lol why? because they give off poor light in heavy rain and fog, night time, good for show buts that's why they are expensive!!! but i've tried them and yeah they don't produce much light as the HID's produce alot of light depending what k's you want as in 8000k ones light up the driveway in an instant and they are easy to adjust and align to the road, so you don't blind people. this is my 2 cents worth
:p;)

idk but mine are fantastic all the tim :S
Autobarn people sumtimes >.>

Giraffe
07-10-2009, 12:23 AM
idk but mine are fantastic all the tim :S
Autobarn people sumtimes >.>

HAHA your like advertising the product

curtis265
07-10-2009, 02:11 AM
the 8000k HID's work ok because they produce SO MUCH light that the amount getting blocked by rain isn't going to affect the output too much.

The best temp to use in rain would be the 3000k JDM yellow. That'll pwn ass if you really want to see in the rain.

and of course they won't produce as much light as HID's - they're still halogen!

ncativo
11-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Thank you all for your replies.

I would like to know the type of bulbs for the lights below the headlights and which ones would be a good option.

VT-11-RR
11-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Thank you all for your replies.

I would like to know the type of bulbs for the lights below the headlights and which ones would be a good option.

there parkers. i got 12 led parkers (white) look good. pm if your interested