PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: JAZZ owners

.::F[L]Y::.
18-11-2004, 07:44 AM
hello all jazz owners.

reason for posting this as my gf is currently looking to buy a car. She seems pretty keen on buying the top version jazz. Bascially i just wanted to know from your driving experiences is whether the car has:

good power for what it is?

easy to maintain?

common problems?

Also resale value

Well thats basically it, btw i have tried search but i was kinda after personal experiences. Would also be nice if some pics could be posted of some lightly moded jazz. :)

Cheers

jefflei
18-11-2004, 08:27 AM
Well, I have been driving the 04' Jazz VTi CVT-7 for a few months. So far the power is good, in CVT mode, good enough for city busy road while torque is very good. in 7speed mode, 0-60km is very fast if u recokn it has only 1500cc engine. :D
as people notice, the older CVT gear box seems to have some mechanical problem due to its age for about 2~3 yrs @ about 70,000km , but this is protected by warranty~ :thumbsup:

resell value, I think you can look for the price in those car sales web site. but Honda cars have quite a good resell value after Toyota.

Geoffy
18-11-2004, 08:48 AM
I've had mine 04 VTi-S for about 2 months or so now... The car is really quite and smooth... My crew all have honda's... and mine is known as "Baby Vtec" hahaha power wise... I manage to keep up with my friends they have civic vtecs, Integra type r's so yeah for the price u pay i think it's pretty good... When I was buying my car I was tossing up between Prelude and Jazz... Ended up with Jazz cause of brand new... I've just hit over 4k on the meter and no probs yet...

Catcha
18-11-2004, 11:47 AM
I also have a VTI-S for about 3 weeks now with 1500kms, great little car, very fuel efficient, and does well to carry 5 people in the car, space is amazing if want to use the magic seats. Looks great, has all the safety features you need ABS airbags. And it's honda, it will keep it's resale as long as you keep up your service records. I personally looked at every small car, mazda 2, mazda 3, corolla, pulsar. Nothing compared to price and features for the money, sure you can get a barina $14990 but that is crap.......hope this helps

Philip Lee
18-11-2004, 02:45 PM
i was driving a Barina b4 i switch to the Jazz. (i switched bcos missus can't drive a manual) and i cannot agree that it's crap.

you don't become Wheels COTY by being crap.

DavidLing
18-11-2004, 02:54 PM
I am driving a 04 GLi, i bought it in March this year. Compare with aother 1.3L car, Jazz's 1.3L engine is quite powerful. u don't feel not enough power even 5 ppl in the car. However, i sugget that u go for a VTi or VTi-S, coz' the price of 1.5L Jazz has been dropped. Around $24,000 can buy a VTi-S!

If u wanna change Alloy wheels or install another company body kit, u better go for a VTi, save the money for another market parts.

If u just want a normal driviable car, go for a VTi-S then!

GLi is not quite worth to buy now, coz' the price different between GLi and VTi-S is around $2000!! (correct me if the price different is not true!)

Personally, i feel the jazz doesn't look good if you don't put rear spoiler!

muli
18-11-2004, 03:34 PM
i had mine for a while now, its got around 43,000kays.
Had no major problems other than the honda service occasionally try to rip me off.
Only problem i have with it is the dashboard makes crackling noises/squeeks at above speeds of 100kms or above around 3,500rpm. Had a the seatbelt replaced as it was frailed.

Catcha
18-11-2004, 04:19 PM
i was driving a Barina b4 i switch to the Jazz. (i switched bcos missus can't drive a manual) and i cannot agree that it's crap.

you don't become Wheels COTY by being crap.

sorry have to disagree with you in the end. it's has a holden badge on it , ford, GM, Opel i wouldnt spend a cent on them . doesn't compare to Japanese quality. don't care how many COTY it's won. COTY does not influence what i buy in the end.
I use to work for holden and the amount of barina that come in for warranty jobs for the smallest things are enough to make you not to fork out you hard earned dollars for. In the end you pay for what get.

Philip Lee
18-11-2004, 05:38 PM
sorry have to disagree with you in the end. it's has a holden badge on it , ford, GM, Opel i wouldnt spend a cent on them . doesn't compare to Japanese quality. don't care how many COTY it's won. COTY does not influence what i buy in the end.
I use to work for holden and the amount of barina that come in for warranty jobs for the smallest things are enough to make you not to fork out you hard earned dollars for. In the end you pay for what get.

i agree the bit about quality. particularly the quality of plastic, no one can beat the Japanese!!

are you working at Honda?? and how many Jazz has come back in for warranty?? probably not as many as Barinas but is Jazz sold more than Barina?? the quality thing may also be contributed by the work done by staffs as well. eg. i had to take my Barina back on the 2nd day becos the mechanics didn't remove the spring stops on the car. all i got for my delvery charges was the bloody car wash. and these kind of thing will never happen on a Honda i guess.....

but quality is only a criteria, if the car isn't fun to drive, no matter how well it's built i'm not going to buy it. Design is also part of what you paid for, not just the pieces of metal & plastic.

Geoffy
18-11-2004, 06:08 PM
I reckon the Jazz looks crap with the kit...

Catcha
18-11-2004, 06:22 PM
i agree the bit about quality. particularly the quality of plastic, no one can beat the Japanese!!

are you working at Honda?? and how many Jazz has come back in for warranty?? probably not as many as Barinas but is Jazz sold more than Barina?? the quality thing may also be contributed by the work done by staffs as well. eg. i had to take my Barina back on the 2nd day becos the mechanics didn't remove the spring stops on the car. all i got for my delvery charges was the bloody car wash. and these kind of thing will never happen on a Honda i guess.....

but quality is only a criteria, if the car isn't fun to drive, no matter how well it's built i'm not going to buy it. Design is also part of what you paid for, not just the pieces of metal & plastic.

Differnt strokes for differnt folks, you like barina's . good on ya, you should of brought an automatic barina intead of a jazz if you like it so much :D
Barina fun to drive? who are you kidding....

muli
18-11-2004, 07:32 PM

i know the barina SRi will give a jazz 1.5 a good flocking around corners and is alot more fun to drive standard

Catcha
18-11-2004, 08:36 PM
i know the barina SRi will give a jazz 1.5 a good flocking around corners and is alot more fun to drive standard

So is a Suzuki GTi :D

anyway back to topic.......the honda is great car for it's price, feature wise, resale, In my personal experience and opinion i think it's great. and you can't go wrong.

should be able to pick one up for under 25g on road and with a few extras included, like some members here i think go some real good deals

FB008
18-11-2004, 08:54 PM
Jazz owns!!!

It will rip as long as you dont leave crap in the car. My car's pretty much empty bar the CD's I have in the glovebox.

But seriously, it runs very well and has enough power for me ;) and... its a Honda. Very reliable, no problems with it yet. Very economical to run, I can get 5.5L/100km combined by taking it easy. Right now it's on 6.4 because i've been going a bit faster as you do... Due for its 30000km service very soon!

The Jazz has grown on me, I used to want an EG6 until my dad offered me to buy his Jazz for $10k. The rest is history :)

18-11-2004, 09:17 PM
thanks for the quick reply guys. jazz sounds like a great little car :) She will most likely buy a manual one.

Sp00n
18-11-2004, 09:39 PM
i've had my manual VTi-S for about.... 5 months now..
its done 15000kms but still good..
except for the stone chip on the windscreen... which grew and grew and grew (about half a metre long now that crack is.... :( <- getting it replaced on saturday)
but its all good.. runs pretty well with aircon on and 5 people on board.
cant complain about anything.......

Catcha
19-11-2004, 12:13 AM
i agree with four people in the car when i took it for a test drive it seemed to well go very well even up hill , surprised even me, that made up my mind plus the excellent fuel economy, and well its stylish, practical, was going to get a civic sedan for the same price, but wife wanted the jazz so here we have it no regets at all

muli
19-11-2004, 06:53 AM
i've had my manual VTi-S for about.... 5 months now..
its done 15000kms but still good..
except for the stone chip on the windscreen... which grew and grew and grew (about half a metre long now that crack is.... :( <- getting it replaced on saturday)
but its all good.. runs pretty well with aircon on and 5 people on board.
cant complain about anything.......

how big was it originally, please dont tell me you started out with a 5cent piece size chip, cause thats what i had and ended up costing me bout $65 to fix, was expecting huge $$$$, new window thru o'brien i got quoted bout $350, i just hate how they always take down your details i always just say i want the damn price

19-11-2004, 07:23 AM
do you guys think a jazz will be able to beat a lancer gli or whichever?

terris08
19-11-2004, 09:20 AM
I reckon handling is not the main focus of Jazz's design. I think it's designed to target Toyota Echo is some sort of way (cabin spaces, magic seats, economic fuel consumption, low price?? ) back to a few years ago and to open the compact car market for Honda itself.

Philip Lee
19-11-2004, 09:27 AM
Differnt strokes for differnt folks, you like barina's . good on ya, you should of brought an automatic barina intead of a jazz if you like it so much :D

i'm not saying Jazz is bad, but Barina deserves more credit then you've given.

anyway that's all from me. case closed.

Philip Lee
19-11-2004, 09:32 AM
I reckon handling is not the main focus of Jazz's design. I think it's designed to target Toyota Echo is some sort of way (cabin spaces, magic seats, economic fuel consumption, low price?? ) back to a few years ago and to open the compact car market for Honda itself.

i think the civic has grown out of the small car market, and RV style car was booming in Japan. Fit/Jazz is Honda's answer and it is a good one too. it became the best selling car in Japan for the year when it was introduced. this says a lot bcos Jazz is the only car that outsold corolla in recent times and the rolla has been sales king for a long time.

Catcha
19-11-2004, 01:18 PM
Y::.']do you guys think a jazz will be able to beat a lancer gli or whichever?

Im going to give that a go just for fun, it should weight lighter than a lancer and power figues are close to a my current 1.8, hondas are very deceptive as they don't produce much torque but it does go when you rev it :D sound like i'm driving a Type R :wave:

muli
19-11-2004, 05:37 PM
I accelerated with a MR lancer, not much difference but around 60kays the jazz starts getting away, same with 2l focus(not sure if zetec so either 86kw or 96kw), pretty much same but at above speeds of 90kays the jazz starts catching up very quickly. was next a 2l lancer and neither of us was getting ahead, he was behind me and i wasnt getting away and he wasnt catching up anymore, just steadily pretty much even

Jus-10
19-11-2004, 07:30 PM
Y::.']do you guys think a jazz will be able to beat a lancer gli or whichever?

A 1.5 Jazz will own a Lancer....any Lancer this side of forced induction.

Don't make me bring up the story of my keeping up with a VTi-R Prelude again :p

But seriously, they rip....just make sure you get manual. If you get an auto just be prepared to get your arse kicked by a manual Jazz....yes I finally tried it one fortunate night. The auto had no chance...he got me off the lights cause I wasn't sure if he'd go, but by the time I was shifting in to 3rd, I was pulling away hard...

MRFIT
20-11-2004, 01:00 AM
I had a 2000 Lancer MR (auto) previously, from memory, it didn't feel any faster than the Jazz at all.....

also, how come the accelaration times for CVT Jazz is faster than manual Jazz? is that true? or am I mistaken..... :D cos I thought manual will always be faster than Auto...

Sp00n
20-11-2004, 12:32 PM
how big was it originally, please dont tell me you started out with a 5cent piece size chip, cause thats what i had and ended up costing me bout $65 to fix, was expecting huge $$$$, new window thru o'brien i got quoted bout $350, i just hate how they always take down your details i always just say i want the damn price

it was smaller than a 5 cent chip..
and it just grew and grew with our very hot sydney weather...
it cost me $290 [plus a can of coke from the fridge].. with a $90 stone chip voucher (valid for 1 year) from o'briens...
i got it fitted about 5 mins ago at my house...
cant drive my car for an hour or so now......

Sp00n
20-11-2004, 12:35 PM
where'd u get it fixed?
*wish he had seen it earlier...*

Jus-10
20-11-2004, 04:12 PM
I had a 2000 Lancer MR (auto) previously, from memory, it didn't feel any faster than the Jazz at all.....

also, how come the accelaration times for CVT Jazz is faster than manual Jazz? is that true? or am I mistaken..... :D cos I thought manual will always be faster than Auto...

What's the "official" 0-100 time for the auto. Has anyone got any published figures? Wheels had 9.5 for the manual from memory....