PDA

View Full Version : how to get seats sitting lower????

turtle187
08-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Hey guys,

i got a set of fd2 seats in my ek,
and im quite tall, so they seem to sit abit high for my liking,
i was wondering what rails could i use to make these seats sit lower?
or what else can i do?

mrwillz
08-10-2009, 09:24 AM
lean it back a bit?

not sure if u can get low rails for your application

kcokla
08-10-2009, 09:39 AM
super low rails!

these are side mounted rails as opposed to bottom so u sit lower naturally!

turtle187
08-10-2009, 09:40 AM
so how do i put holes in my seats?

geeang
08-10-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm using Super Low Vision rails and they're bottom mounted, bolted straight onto my SR3 Recaros with no modification at all.

kcokla
08-10-2009, 09:46 AM
so how do i put holes in my seats?

no need to put holes in the seats, the rail is designed to fit the seat (obviously u need the right rails) and have less area space between the car floor/carpet and the seat hence making it lower.
i suspect shift automotive or whatever have rails but im not sure if they have super low rails

turtle187
08-10-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm using Super Low Vision rails and they're bottom mounted, bolted straight onto my SR3 Recaros with no modification at all.

really?

Hmm okay mind me asking where to source these from?
how much lower are you sitting compared to before having the super low vision rails

questera
08-10-2009, 11:19 AM
really?

how much lower are you sitting compared to before having the super low vision rails

As far as i know, they are 5cm lower compare to the stock ones

geeang
08-10-2009, 11:29 AM
really?

They are quite a bit lower compared to stock, I get people with DC2R's to sit in my car and they're all shocked at how much of a difference the super low rails make.

I got them from the OG @ JDMyard

Zilli
08-10-2009, 11:38 AM
^ ive always wondered about these but cannot justify the cost... i would like a lower seating position myself because of my height, but coudlnt justify the cost... maybe its because ive never experienced it... how different does it feel geeang?

geeang
08-10-2009, 11:46 AM
You sit much lower, which is pretty obvious, but one of the biggest differences most people don't think about is the angle at which your feet hit the pedals.

Sitting lower means the angle at which your legs are to get to the pedals is much more horizontal, this also means your feet don't have to angle up as much if you were sitting higher.
Benefits of this are that your ankles/feet don't get sore as quick, and it also makes heel-toe/rev-matching much easier (in my experience).

It also gives you a better view for people who have Spoon/spoon style side mirrors and can't get enough of an angle from the glass.

Zilli
08-10-2009, 11:51 AM
sweet thanks, i always though the fact that your feet are more horizontal would make depressing the pedals more cumberson as they are mounted above, wheras a floor mounted pedal you will find more benefit with less of an angle... dunno why i always had that feel...

thanks for the info mate

hisoka
08-10-2009, 11:58 AM
there quite low. my friend has on lowest setting and i find it hard to see shit

Zilli
08-10-2009, 12:16 PM
setting?????

hisoka
08-10-2009, 01:10 PM
vision low seat rails matched with bride buckets have tilt settings and 2 height settings included with the rails.

how tall are you aswell, you should check it out on someone elses car. they do feel really great and worthy the money imo, second hand lol

lil_foy
09-10-2009, 05:43 PM
vision low seat rails matched with bride buckets have tilt settings and 2 height settings included with the rails.

how tall are you aswell, you should check it out on someone elses car. they do feel really great and worthy the money imo, second hand lol

Thats only for side mount.

I also have vision ultra lows.
They are great.

Nepolian
11-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Have a look!

Trader on OH too :)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Buddy-Club-HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-EG-EK-FD-EP3-SEAT-RAIL_W0QQitemZ260472117537QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Ca r_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ca5591921&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Lukezen27
11-10-2009, 02:14 PM
I need to get a set...

My helmets hard up against the roof on track days :o

My last seats were very low stock and it was a big shock going back to stock hight

souperman
21-10-2009, 10:28 AM
hey guys
i'm having a look at the vision super lows for an EK
are these side mounting? how do recaros bolt onto the rails?
pics from
http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/index.php?option=com_jdm&p=detail&cid=50

turtle187
23-10-2009, 01:21 AM
guys i cant find any vision superlow bottom mounts, there all side mounts,
can you guys point me in the right direction to search