PDA

View Full Version : 01 e46 BMW 320i then to a: 04 Accord Euro...

connections
08-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Ok So I am selling my BMW soon which I have owned for 2 years soon basically because I have put too many ks on it and now I want something really reliable, that I can just drive every where and have next to no problems with so I think Honda Accord Euro fits the bill perfectly!!!

Looking around on eBay and that I found this car ...Is this a good deal I have no idea...Auto or manual I don't care...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-Accord-2004-Euro-Luxury_W0QQitemZ250510173074QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_ Cars?hash=item3a5391e392&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_500wt_1182

Basically what I need to know?

1) How much difference is their between e46 e54 engine bmw's and Accord Euro for any ones who has driven both?

2) Quality of the car, in terms of parts do things stuff up???

3) What kind of price should I be paying private sale in the next month or two for a Accord Euro, the prices seem to be all over the place...whats the difference for each specific year model are some year models dodgy whilst others are not dodgy or something??

Thanks guys, sorry if this is in the wrong section...or Sorry if this had been asked but some of my questions are more specific thats why I wanted a thread..

gReY-oNe
08-10-2009, 12:02 PM
2004 Euro you should be able to pick up for high teens.
Engine is no where as smooth as a bmw's
car is no where near refined as a bmw.
leather seats are poor quality compared to bmw
tacky interior compared to bmw
the only win i see is servicing costs wont' cost u an arm and a leg for a service.

felixd
08-10-2009, 12:03 PM
320i comparing to a euro 04. it has bigger passenger compartment :). its reliable and also fuel efficient :) japanese manufactures parts are everywhere :)

connections
08-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Whats the difference between 03,04,05,06,07 Accords,

What justifies the pricing of them.

Yeah I know leather and that wont be the same quality...

But what really I am looking for is something that will last me like 2-3 years and I will not need much maintenance on because I wanna buy a unit as a investment soonish and the bmw has too many unexpected overheads ive paid about 6-7k in maintenance/ parts in the last 2 years...

HunterZero
08-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Careful... That car appears to have finance still owing, if so you won't be buying the car outright, you may be taking over someone else's balance of the lease on it. Do a REVS check.

- HZ

felixd
08-10-2009, 03:55 PM
well save ur self a heck alot of money n get a nice small lux car :) n start saving for the unit hows dat ?

HunterZero
08-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Whats the difference between 03,04,05,06,07 Accords, What justifies the pricing of them.

Justifies the price? Sit in one and take it for a test drive, and you'll see. The Euro is a Japan built car, unlike the standard Accord.

03 - 07, you're talking about the CL9 model Euro.

In the price range, for build quality, refinement and especially the quality of the interior, nothing else comes close. ABS, traction control and vehicle stability are all standard.

The cars came in two specs - the standard and lux. Both are identical in terms of quality, just the lux version came with more stuff. The lux came with full leather, heated power seats, curtain airbags and a myriad of other toys such as auto wipers, fog lights, sunroof. Later Lux models came with larger 17" wheels instead of 16".

MY06 onwards, the car had a minor facelift (especially at the front with a more chromey grille), upgraded trip computer, and a couple more toys were added to the lux, including an auto-dimming rear vision mirror, among other minor changes.

Satnav was a $3K option across both models.

There were two special editions - the Sport, and the Touring. The Touring is just the standard car with satnav, foglights and parking sensors. The Sport is the standard car with leather panel seats, blacked chrome trim, different grille, red dash, metal shift knob and bodykit (no rear wing, it was optional).

But what really I am looking for is something that will last me like 2-3 years and I will not need much maintenance on because I wanna buy a unit as a investment soonish and the bmw has too many unexpected overheads ive paid about 6-7k in maintenance/ parts in the last 2 years...

A Honda will last you 20 years if you want it to. Very reliable cars. They are always in the top three with Mazda and Subaru in vehicle reliability, with Toyota a distant fourth. As long as the car is well maintained with a good service history, you should be fine.

- HZ

albii
08-10-2009, 07:59 PM
I've driven an 03 320 sport 6 cyl and the Euro will flog it performance wise.
In saying that, the BMW is a very nice car.

Ken-f
08-10-2009, 08:17 PM
check out my thread 'Problems with the Euro' luckily, most aren't too serious.

connections
09-10-2009, 01:46 AM
Careful... That car appears to have finance still owing, if so you won't be buying the car outright, you may be taking over someone else's balance of the lease on it. Do a REVS check.

- HZ

Probly have to pay out the othr peoples loan before taking ownership of the car, I have done that with a car in the past.

Just was using that one as a example, I thought the colour was nice..

I currently have a Topaz Blue bmw and something similar in colour would be tops...

thanks for the reply's..

I defiantly need to test drive a accord euro soon =)

tron07
09-10-2009, 08:01 AM
I've driven an 03 320 sport 6 cyl and the Euro will flog it performance wise.
In saying that, the BMW is a very nice car.

where you get a 320 that comes with 6 cyl :p

aaronng
09-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Whats the difference between 03,04,05,06,07 Accords,

What justifies the pricing of them.

Yeah I know leather and that wont be the same quality...

Search the Accord Euro section. There is also a useful threads sticky at the top of the Accord Euro section that has some threads with info.

albii
09-10-2009, 08:10 PM
where you get a 320 that comes with 6 cyl :p

e46 bmw 320 was a 6cyl...

Alpine
09-10-2009, 08:40 PM
albii is correct. I had one as a wedding car.

kev205
23-05-2011, 08:10 PM
the 320's come in 6 cylinders mate

Fredoops
23-05-2011, 08:18 PM
the thread's 3 years old...... way to go......

MingZai
23-05-2011, 10:03 PM
LOL ^ so true