PDA

View Full Version : ECU help for eg b16a2

anster
08-10-2009, 04:56 PM
closed

destrukshn
08-10-2009, 05:01 PM
for approx 600.
you could probably get the the ecu tuned, get more mileage, and performance out of your car.
in the end saving you a bit of cash here and there from the extra mileage you are getting.

anster
08-10-2009, 05:10 PM
for approx 600.
you could probably get the the ecu tuned, get more mileage, and performance out of your car.
in the end saving you a bit of cash here and there from the extra mileage you are getting.

yeah, i was considering it as an option. the only thing stopping me from doing that, is i'm struck for time and cash, and the car is located in sydney and im from melbourne. i want to get the car asap. and im not sure if i can get the car booked in for a tune within the next two weeks.

btw, thanks for the quick reply :thumbsup:

90LAN
08-10-2009, 07:18 PM
just get a eg6 sir ecu and plug back in
sell the power fc if you need the cash

VT3C
08-10-2009, 10:13 PM
i swap you a JDM P30 for your power FC ;)

an OEM ECU is gonna cost you 150-250 at least so you might as well just get the Power FC tuned since you've allready got it - or just have a workshop put the B16 base map on there shouldnt require any dyno time.. and as far as I know the power FC is plug n play using the stock Harness so you shouldnt have any issues swapping between the two.

anster
09-10-2009, 09:29 AM
thanks for the replies
but at this stage i won't be selling any parts. and im pretty sure the power FC is worth more than a standard computer. :D, hence the reason i want to keep it.

i swap you a JDM P30 for your power FC ;)

an OEM ECU is gonna cost you 150-250 at least so you might as well just get the Power FC tuned since you've allready got it - or just have a workshop put the B16 base map on there shouldnt require any dyno time.. and as far as I know the power FC is plug n play using the stock Harness so you shouldnt have any issues swapping between the two.

hi vtec, what do you mean by putting the b16 base map on there? if i was to do that how long do you think it would take and cost? and would you be able to direct me to a workshop somewhere on the western side of sydney that could be able to do it?

Chr1s
09-10-2009, 09:48 AM
You have PM.

ECU-MAN
09-10-2009, 01:28 PM
if you have the stock ECU connectors you can simply plug in an ECU that suits a B16a2,

assuming its been wired right

PM me if you need an ECU. I can hook you up.

VT3C
09-10-2009, 04:11 PM
hi vtec, what do you mean by putting the b16 base map on there? if i was to do that how long do you think it would take and cost? and would you be able to direct me to a workshop somewhere on the western side of sydney that could be able to do it?

i am not 100% certain but i am fairly sure the Power FC's come with a set of basemaps for popular hondas such as B16A, B18C-R, B18C2 etc.

it might be as simple as plugging in the handset and selecting the base map.. or you may need to download the map to the ECU but I dont think the Power FC has that facility i am not sure..

Listen to ECU-MAN he helped me a LOT when i was doing my B16 swap all those years ago :)