PDA

View Full Version : clicking/ticking noise in the 5th gear at speeds of 100km

kuso
18-11-2004, 10:46 AM
Anyone experienced this sound. In 5th gear, u can hear this faint clicking/ticking sound and when u slow down it is gone. Can't hear it at all at low speeds... only high speeds of 100+. Sometimes not even at 100... but defintely hear it after 120

Anyway back to studying again... last 2 exams coming up today and saturday... WISH ME LUCK

bennjamin
18-11-2004, 10:58 AM
firstly -

Next tiem you are crusing at 100+ km/h - observe the clicking sound carefully - THEN put the car in neutral briefly , slightly turn the car left and right , rev the car more - basically all to see if you can still hear the noise ( and try to distinguish where it is coming from)

Try what i just said -

But i suspect you need an wheel alignment at a minimum.

Find out , and get back to us.

kuso
18-11-2004, 08:21 PM
Getting my car serviced soon... so probably ask them about it sometime next week

The noise is only there when I am in gear
When I am in neutral and rev, there is no tick the tick is also very slight... so generllay dont notice it cos I have music on but if its off.. u can kinda tell.

bennjamin
18-11-2004, 08:37 PM
Mmm very interesting - well atleast we can see its a mechanical problem....likely in the tranmission itself BUT do go check it out and tell us all the results !!!

kin
18-11-2004, 09:33 PM
i got it too..
i think its just the gearbox vibrating. cos when i'm on 5th gear and leave my hand on the gearknob and just press up against it a little bit, i dont hear the sound anymore.
but when i leave it, and put both hands on steering wheel i can hear the noise click.

muli
19-11-2004, 06:49 AM
how many k's your car got?

kuso
19-11-2004, 08:01 AM
i got it too..
i think its just the gearbox vibrating. cos when i'm on 5th gear and leave my hand on the gearknob and just press up against it a little bit, i dont hear the sound anymore.
but when i leave it, and put both hands on steering wheel i can hear the noise click.

Yea that happens to me as well. I have had the car for 6 months and it has done about 10,000kms. Ill ask them next time I service... its just a really slight ticking sound and as kin said, if I push the gear stick up a tad bit it disappears and if I let it go it kinda comes back.

MRFIT
06-01-2005, 10:33 PM
guys...... I've noticed it in my car too...... little ticking sound....

has any of you guys been to Honda service and got it looked at yet?

any response would be appreciated...

tonmasi
07-01-2005, 01:17 PM
i HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ON MY 2 JAZZES...... i THOUGHT ITS SOMTHING LOSE UNDER THE FRONT PANEL...:confused:

ahcash
07-01-2005, 02:13 PM
This problem only happen to Manual only or even Auto ??

terris08
07-01-2005, 06:59 PM
If it's related to the 5th gear, then the Autos are 'immuned' because they're on CVT.

If it's related to 100 km/h, then there shouldn't be any issues for Auto.....at least I still haven't experienced this problem on mine.

wyl03
07-01-2005, 09:08 PM
eh? i just drove to/fro from syd-canberra today and didn't hear anything!?
i must be deaf.

MRFIT
07-01-2005, 09:15 PM
its like a vibration noise..... like the gear stick against the gate...(bad english)..... just put a finger on it.... and it goes away..... I don't think the Honda Dealer is able to do anything about it though...... wait until my next service....

kuso
11-01-2005, 03:11 PM
its like a vibration noise..... like the gear stick against the gate...(bad english)..... just put a finger on it.... and it goes away..... I don't think the Honda Dealer is able to do anything about it though...... wait until my next service....

Exactly. I think its still there and i forgot about to tell them about it on my service .. dont really care now... cos dont notice it no more...

gre03
19-02-2012, 08:23 AM
firstly sorry for reviving a dead thread but i think i found the problem. i took the centre console off and drove on the fwy and had a mate look in/around the shifter assembly for anything rattling. turns out its the little wire that hits against the metal rod. i'll take pics when i fix it, or if anyone need them sooner let me know.