PDA

View Full Version : Which Clutch and flywheel?

r1c3boi23
09-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Hi guys im planning to get exedy clutch and lightened flywheel but im not sure whether to get stage 1 or stage 2? My car will have the following mods before i install the clutch and flywheel CAI/Race Headers/2.5inch Catback... Also if later on i plan to get upgrade my internals like camshafts and the valvetrain i should be looking at the stage 2 clutch and flywheel? Has anyone used the exedy stage 2 clutch? is it much heavier than stock?

dougie_504
09-10-2009, 09:26 PM
If you do head work like valves, valve springs, retainers, camshafts, port & polish with flow testing etc I think you'll be fine with just a heavy duty clutch.
If you intend on doing bottom end work like a B20 with new conrods and pistons you'll need a tougher clutch to get the power down to the wheels.

Don't really know flywheels at all though, sorry :D

aaronng
09-10-2009, 10:09 PM
The Exedy HF02 and the Exedy Sports Organic would be a good combo. Not sure what stage is that, but it is basically the highest single organic plate. The next level up would be the ceramic puck clutch. The clutch pedal should only be slightly stiffer than stock, but not by much.