PDA

View Full Version : EG Fuse and Fog Questions

TypeG
11-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Was trying to connect my JDM fog light to my EG but end up blowing some fuse.... and now my left parker light is not working..... I have checked the fuse but they are all fine.... Any hints? All the lights are working... but just not the left hand side parker light.

Also since my fog light doesnt come with manual.... i have do a google search and i found this.....

What is relay coil pin??? Dash light input wire is the +ve wire in the interior

Black wire - Interior ground
Yellow - Relay Coil Pin
Red - Dash Light Input wire
www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1812043 (http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1812043)

riruiz_88
11-10-2009, 11:18 AM
have you checked to see if the parker bulb has blown? if its still fine, put a volt meter across the terminals of the parker bulb and check to make sure you have supply voltage.

there are 4 terminals for the relay. 2 are for the coil to energize and the other 2 are to supply power to your fog lights. if you follow that drawing man you cant go wrong. thats what i used as a guide. if your having any more troubles just ask away

TypeG
28-10-2009, 03:03 PM
There is no power go thru the relay into the fog switch...... Is that something wrong with the relay???

riruiz_88
28-10-2009, 03:13 PM
yes you must have constant supply voltage at one terminal of your relay on one side of the coil. then the other side of that coil simply go to ground. when the coil energises, it holds in the contact thus leaving your fog lights to light up.

At the switch you should have Accessory supply only, so you can't turn on the fog lights when the car is off. If you do it the way the drawing has, it will all work mate. Just make sure when you secure ground (black) cables to the chassis, you must expose the metal if that part is painted.

Boban
29-10-2009, 05:08 AM
Thanx for the picture type g (in the link) been looking for something similar

Anyways as above, most likely problem is that the relay is blown, cheap and easy fix, supercheap has them for around $5 just make sure you get the same one, take your one with you

as for the parker, i think if only one is not working than it's either the bulb or somewhere in the wiring (shorting out on the chassis, unplugged etc...) the parker fuse controls both sides as well as your taillights so all four corners will be out when the fuse blows

SuiJin
29-10-2009, 05:17 AM
bring it to me and ill fix it lo..

TypeG
31-10-2009, 08:20 PM
free?