PDA

View Full Version : Oil drain facing the wrong way - what to do?

MacDiZZle
11-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Hey Guys,

As a few of you know i have been turboing my civic for a little while now and ive run into a bit of a problem... i have had to rotate the compressor housing to be able to get the turbo on however now my oil drain isnt facing down. I am assuming that this wouldnt work as it is a gravity fed drain. is it ok to rotate the exhaust housing as well in order to reposition the drain in the right direction? i am just worried about putting oil/water feeds out of alignment.

Cheers!

DLO01
11-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Compressor/Exhaust/Core should be all sperate from each other. ie. You can rotate each part to suit. Compressor in any position, exhaust in any position, core in any position.

MacDiZZle
11-10-2009, 08:08 PM
cheers man!!

Limbo
12-10-2009, 04:24 PM
just be carful not to hit the fins when you rotate the turbo

Webby_roller
13-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Where about are you located??? My brother had this problem when changing turbos on his TX3... Went down to mazfix and a couple of pennies and they had it done nice a quick... You can do it yourself.. but my brother is kinda mechanically challenged sometimes...

FastFwd
14-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Compressor/Exhaust/Core should be all sperate from each other. ie. You can rotate each part to suit. Compressor in any position, exhaust in any position, core in any position.

was about to say the same thing

You can pretty much have your turbo back to front, up down, side to side. They are fairly adjustable...

Hows the car coming along btw?

Lukezen27
15-10-2009, 11:27 AM
i rotated mine like 20 times till I got it right :o

Pain in da ass

chintami
28-11-2009, 08:42 PM
hey guys just a qustion regarding the oil drain on honda motors.
so is it as simple as drilling a hole in the sump, welding on a bit for the oil line and then attaching oil line from turbo?

fat_85_civic
28-11-2009, 09:52 PM
pretty much, you just need to make sure the line has a constant downwards slope, no kinks and is above the level of oil in the pan.
ave a look at how i done mine, i didnt have to weld anything to the pan

DLO01
28-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Continuous downward slope is ideal, but just as long as the drain out of the turbo is higher than the entry to the sump, it will be fine.

chintami
28-11-2009, 11:23 PM
hey fat 85 do you have a link to your thread? tried searching but i fail