PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Master Cylinder failed ... again

iinjektd
12-10-2009, 08:47 AM
About 6 months ago i had to repair my clutch master cylinder because it failed on me AGAIN. I had it repaired about 6 months ago..
if i returned to the same mechanic with the receipt, do i still have to pay full price? or anything at all?

Should it of failed in so little time again?

flipfire
12-10-2009, 10:15 AM
did he mention how long the warranty is on the repair?

iinjektd
12-10-2009, 10:26 AM
No he didn't.

wynode
12-10-2009, 10:49 AM
iinjektd, please update your thread title appropriately.

In regards to the problem....it really depends on what failed the first time and was was fixed.

If the master cylinder was replaced with say a second hand / refurbished one then that part usually only comes with a 3 month warranty.

So can you tell us what failed (and was replaced) the first time...and what it was the second time?

iinjektd
13-10-2009, 08:39 AM
iinjektd, please update your thread title appropriately.

In regards to the problem....it really depends on what failed the first time and was was fixed.

If the master cylinder was replaced with say a second hand / refurbished one then that part usually only comes with a 3 month warranty.

So can you tell us what failed (and was replaced) the first time...and what it was the second time?

clutch master cylinder was replaced 6 months ago.
And the same part has now failed.

wynode
14-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Was it replaced with a new or used item......or was it just rebuilt?

Sir_vtec
14-10-2009, 10:48 AM
which master cyclinder was replaced? clutch or the brake?

You know he could have never tighten any of the hard lines/lines properly or even topped up enough fluid because some mechanics are sh!t and thats true.

So check all fluids, top up and run along all the lines that are attached to the master cyclinder and check for the the leak.

wynode
14-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Sir vtec....... I didn't see brake master cylinder mentioned anywhere.

If there isn't any fluid leaking then it is possible that the mechanic just rebuild the master cylinder (which is fine) provided there wasn't any damage done to the cylinder bore. Which could be why just changing the seals won't fix the problem.

ig3o
14-10-2009, 03:13 PM
how do u know if ur clutch master cylinder is broken?

wynode
14-10-2009, 05:10 PM
You can't disengage your clutch and / or you crunch gears :)

vinnY
14-10-2009, 07:05 PM
might find some brake fluid under your brake pedal too
in any case take it back and ask whats up with it
clutch master cylinders usually last ages

aaronng
14-10-2009, 07:17 PM
clutch master cylinders usually last ages

Unless they put the new master cylinder in without applying grease on the o-ring seals. Causes the o-rings to rub against the wall and wear out prematurely.