PDA

View Full Version : AP1 Throttle Position Sensor

irvinchua
12-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Recently, my car has thrown a CEL and I had my mechanic check it out and he informed me that it was a problem with the Throttle Position Sensor. Unfortunately I had not asked for the actual fault code.

If and when the CEL lights up, the car hunts for idle and idles ranging from 1000rpm to 200rpm but does not stall. It goes away after the car is turned off and restarted. When under normal driving, and I am holding a constant speed, it feels as if the car looses a fraction of power momentarily and then resumes normal cruising. It kinda feels as if you release the throttle for a fraction of a second and then jump back to the position you were on prior to letting go.

Does anyone know how to get a brand new TPS (throttle position sensor) without purchasing a whole new throttle body? I've done my research through S2Ki but am unable to find information on how to get just the TPS by itself.

The other alternative I have in mind, if I have to purchase a new throttle body, is to upgrade to the Spoon Venturi Throttle Body. However, from my research, I've found that these are manufactured using second hand customer throttle bodies. Does anyone know of this is true?

ludecrs
12-10-2009, 01:45 PM
I have a spare, but I'm giving it to my mate as he is also having issues with his.

I got mine from the US for about $20 posted.

irvinchua
12-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Can you let me know the site or the company that you have purchased your TPS?