PDA

View Full Version : GReddy e-manage

Mr. Focus
18-11-2004, 03:05 PM
what is it, how good is it, can i use it for my turbo set up? thoughts please?

fueltank
18-11-2004, 04:55 PM
It will never be as good as a standalone ECU.
However it can be used for your turbo setup. Infact the Greddy turbo kits in US come with the emanage.

It will be as good as the person who tunes it for your setup.

If you are strapped for cash, this is a good option. See if there is a harness available for your car so you don't need to splice into anything.

bennettaru
18-11-2004, 05:30 PM
Basically it's an expensive piggyback, with a lot of functions.

For what it is it's a very good computer, but if you're planning alot of aftermarket mods, go a standalone, much much safer and allows for a lot.

As said above, it all depends on the tune, but if you plan on keeping your car the same as it is now, it will do just fine, as long as the tune is right. I don't know many emanage tuners around aus though.

Weq
18-11-2004, 05:56 PM
Basically it's an expensive piggyback, with a lot of functions.

For what it is it's a very good computer, but if you're planning alot of aftermarket mods, go a standalone, much much safer and allows for a lot.

As said above, it all depends on the tune, but if you plan on keeping your car the same as it is now, it will do just fine, as long as the tune is right. I don't know many emanage tuners around aus though.

Nothing expesnive about them. 1/2 to 1/4 the price of the cheapest standlone.

bennettaru
18-11-2004, 06:47 PM
microtech ltx8 $1000
Haltech $1400

greddy emanage $600-800

that's pretty expensive in my books

Weq
18-11-2004, 07:43 PM
microtech ltx8 $1000
Haltech $1400

greddy emanage $600-800

that's pretty expensive in my books

sure cause thats retail. i just sold one brand for 400 shipped \w injector harness and software. and there are better deals to be had if u wait around.

edit: what im trying to say is, for the price of an AFC u get something thats bloody powerful in the scheme of things. Sure, its NOT a standalone and it will never compete against them for features/ability. But u should go for something that meets ur needs and goals! Plus being a piggyback u have no hassels passing sniffers (easily bypassed) and engineering.

bennettaru
18-11-2004, 08:13 PM
ahhh, true about engineering, very good point i forgot about

vtc
18-11-2004, 08:28 PM
$400! dam.. for that price it just makes the Apexi AFCS obselete! Just buy the emanage instead...

WEQ, was that a once off deal?

Weq
18-11-2004, 11:42 PM
$400! dam.. for that price it just makes the Apexi AFCS obselete! Just buy the emanage instead...

WEQ, was that a once off deal?

lol and i thought it was decent deal on my part. if i get another i'll give u a hollar.

bennettaru: cheers for the good discussion :)

bennettaru
19-11-2004, 07:03 AM
no problem

Mr. Focus
19-11-2004, 08:07 AM
cheers guys. i know autobarn is selling em for $500 w/out the injector harness. is that aite? pass em round weq! im keen too

fueltank
19-11-2004, 08:08 AM
www.nengun.com has good prices :)

Mr. Focus
19-11-2004, 09:46 AM
an email i just got from GReddy:

e-Manage is an inexpensive programmable fuel management system that allows you to properly tune your factory fuel system, without having to change the entire factory ECU system to an expensive "stand-alone" unit. The e-Manage system is a universal "piggy-back" type unit, which taps into most factory ECU wiring and it still utilizes the existing sensors. Basic functions will allow the user to slightly alter factory injector duty-cycle(± 20% at 5 preset RPM points), by intercepting and altering airflow or MAP sensor signals. For VTEC cars you can adjust the VTEC shift point. Additional features that are built into the system, but are only accessible though the use of our PC-Windows based "e-Manage Support Tool" communication software (Please see our Authorized GReddy Support Dealers for more information) are a 16x16 Airflow Adjustment Map, Larger Main Injector correction adjustment, Upgrade Air Flow Meter adjustment, Boost Limiter Cut, Anti-engine Stall, VTEC-fuel adjustment, Real-time Map Trace, Real-time Display, Real-time Communication, and basic Data-logging.With the use of our "Optional Injector Harness" and the software, the unit has the ability to control an additional 16x16 Injector duty cycle Map and the Controls for adding up to 2 Additional Sub-injectors. If the "Optional Ignition Harness" and the software is used the unit has the ability to control a 16x16 Ignition Timing Map. All of the above Maps can also be Map-traced in Real-time as well. If the factory range of Map or Airflow meter is surpassed, you can incorporate our "Optional GReddy Pressure Sensor and Pressure Harness" to set larger scales of adjustment. All installation and tuning should only be made by a trained technician with proper Air/Fuel Monitoring tools.
the E-manage is a universal item that will work with your application.

Cyrus
20-11-2004, 03:45 PM
it's cheaper,...and tuning is a lot easier, a bad tuner can totally waste your car with a standalone computer