PDA

View Full Version : CALLING ALL TYPE-S OWNERS! Is your clutch pedal clicking???

omgzilla
12-10-2009, 08:39 PM
I've managed to resolve the very common (at least on ClubRSX (http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=657048)) clutch pedal clicking problem in the DC5-S clutch pedal assembly.

The issue being: A click noise heard and felt through the clutch pedal on engaging and releasing. The noise is clearly from within the cabin of the vehicle - around the clutch pedal area.

I want to write up a DIY for the fix, but I need a 'guinea-pig' car to narrow down exactly what fixed the issue and to take photos along the way.

I did a few little tweaks on mine and the problem is gone, but in order to write the DIY i need to pin-point which of the tweaks was the actual fix for the issue.

So - If you're a DC5 Type-S owner with the clutch click issue and you live in Brisbane - please contact me!

HELP ME HELP OTHERS!

Thanks.

Please note: This is not a discussion on how to fix the issue - i've already got the resolution. I just want to get in contact with anyone that actually has a DC5 with this issue.

r3ckless
13-10-2009, 01:16 AM
Dont have this problem... but my stick will pop out of 3rd gear soemtimes.... and also when changing into 3rd.. i can feel a slight click, so igotta push all teh way and go "click" n the ntis in 3rd all the way... fuken annoying man..... took it to damelians, and theey said they drove it n found nothing.. ****en bs ****... not too happy wit hthe customer service of damelians!

TK38
13-10-2009, 03:35 PM
I have the same problem with third as well. Many people have written about it, but not sure if anyone has actually resolved it.
As for the clutch clicking, this a common problem? I don't have the issue.

WATAJK
13-10-2009, 04:44 PM
in my dc5r i have a accelartor clicking, ****ing annoying

omgzilla
13-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Dont have this problem... but my stick will pop out of 3rd gear soemtimes.... and also when changing into 3rd.. i can feel a slight click, so igotta push all teh way and go "click" n the ntis in 3rd all the way... fuken annoying man..... took it to damelians, and theey said they drove it n found nothing.!

Same here - different dealership though. Mine's still under extended warranty too!

Mine is a bit notchy from 1st into 2nd and 2nd into third. Also, at high revs in 3rd once the clutch is depressed it pops out of gear by itself! :zip:

I fixed the clutch click myself cause they Honda said it needed a new pedal box to fix it and it was not covered under warranty :thumbdwn:

I'm surprised no-one else has the clutch click though!

Dr.k20z1
13-10-2009, 11:17 PM
do u hear inside bro? or outside inside the engine bay?

damn take it to the dealer man.. get a new gearbox asap haha

mate got hes replaced, and now hes loving it haha

detasemen88
13-10-2009, 11:45 PM
mine is 02 Type R.... it make clutch clicking noise too.... but i dont care about it, or should I ??

r3ckless
14-10-2009, 12:05 AM
honda dont want anyhting 2 do with hte gear popping out.. sigh.. :( ahh wll, ,goign in o nthrusdya for my free tail light and engine mount :D

omgzilla
14-10-2009, 05:19 PM
honda dont want anyhting 2 do with hte gear popping out.. sigh.. :( ahh wll, ,goign in o nthrusdya for my free tail light and engine mount :D

Free tail light and engine mount?

Mount busted and still under warranty?

do u hear inside bro? or outside inside the engine bay?

damn take it to the dealer man.. get a new gearbox asap haha

mate got hes replaced, and now hes loving it haha

Yeah inside. I fixed the click.

What dealership did your mate take his Type-S and get the new gearbox?

r3ckless
14-10-2009, 10:47 PM
yup under warranty.

omgzilla
15-10-2009, 04:53 PM
yup under warranty.

Nice! I thought it would've been a wear and tear item (not covered).

What's wrong with the tail light?

What dealership do you go to?

r3ckless
15-10-2009, 06:49 PM
ummm small droplet of water in the left.... i go 2 damelians on parra rd... also the guy who repalced the Tail light, didnt put the rubber thing back on properly, i had 2 pop it all back i nmyself, cos my boot was beinga bitch 2 close(it wouldnt close fully)

omgzilla
15-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Ahh ok, moisture ingress - Lame.

Thanks mate.

xtan
16-10-2009, 02:31 PM
I had the same problem in my dc2r but just greased up and tweaked around area, another friend on his prelude 3rd gen aswell. Basically just needs greasing and very minor tweaks. Very easy fix.

omgzilla
16-10-2009, 04:45 PM
I had the same problem in my dc2r but just greased up and tweaked around area, another friend on his prelude 3rd gen aswell. Basically just needs greasing and very minor tweaks. Very easy fix.

Not the same issue on the DC5 mate. You could quite well be right on the fix for other cars with similar problems but not on the DC5 model.

Please note people: This is not a discussion on how to fix the issue - it's already been resolved. I just want to get in contact with anyone that actually has a DC5 with this issue.