PDA

View Full Version : Euro Boot Rattle :S Help! Noob

Lochstar_69
13-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Still new to this forum, but yeh am finding out some good info on peoples cars and ideas.

Noobish question....

Anyone have any ideas for getting rid of a boot rattle. (caused by subs) but i cant find it.
i had everything out of the boot one day all the lining on the boot lid off and yeh nothing really. possibly the boot latch?
although its a fair decent rattle, it sounds like the license plate but it defs isnt. cos i had that off too.

If i push the boot down hard it stops. same if i pull it up when its closed.

i lowered the hook latch where the clip grabs. and that stopped it a bit. but still noticeable.

Cheers

aaronng
13-10-2009, 01:12 PM
On the underside of the boot lid, there are 2 rubber stops. See if you can adjust those out a little bit so that the boot sits tight when closed. Have you also added some foam padding underneath your license plate?

Lochstar_69
13-10-2009, 01:23 PM
On the underside of the boot lid, there are 2 rubber stops. See if you can adjust those out a little bit so that the boot sits tight when closed. Have you also added some foam padding underneath your license plate?

yeh i have put foam on the plate. but thats a good idea with the rubber stops ill have a look tonight. you cant hear it in the car. only outside but yeh. would be ideal to have no rattles :)

Lochstar_69
13-10-2009, 06:10 PM
the rubber stops didnt do much, only a slight improve. still badd

aaronng
13-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Then you might have to look at adding UV-resistant foam weather strip to pad the contact area between the boot and lid. Bunnings sells this for outdoor weatherstrip sealing.

Sludge
13-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Have you checked the boot springs.

My CU2 had a rattle that sounded like it was coming from under the rear parcel shelf or the boot and only happened on certain bumps, particularly on old concrete roads. It sounded like a couple of crockery plates were bouncing off each other.

The dealer tracked it down to an incorrectly fitted boot spring.

Lochstar_69
13-10-2009, 07:53 PM
how can i get to them, its on a CL9 Std

aaronng
13-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Stick your head in the boot and look up.

Lochstar_69
13-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Then you might have to look at adding UV-resistant foam weather strip to pad the contact area between the boot and lid. Bunnings sells this for outdoor weatherstrip sealing.

Yeh i was thinking that. I sat in the back of the car before with music on and you could hear it pretty clearly i think it might be the gap on the window to the parcel shelf or between the parcel shelf and the body on the top side of the boot? is there any way to throw foam or sound deadener in there?