PDA

View Full Version : Accord 08-09 VTI light flicker issue - do you drive a VTI?

anonymousmoose
13-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Hi all,:wave:

I've been doing research on the Honda Accord VTI 4 cylinder luxury sedan (current model).

I came across a fault on other websites that described the following issue:

When the cars A/C is running, the lights flicker on the car. Some people complain its every 30 seconds some say its longer apart. I've come across this problem extensively on the internet. Some say its very distracting and Honda apparently does not have a fix for it.

Does anyone here drive a VTI-L? Do you have this problem with your car?

PS
I also read a common problem is the break wear very fast and squeal. Is this also the case?

Bangaz
14-10-2009, 02:53 PM
I have a VTI-S and my car does not seem to have the flickering light problem, or if it does, I haven't noticed it yet :P

about the brakes, just change them and you should be fine ;P

anonymousmoose
14-10-2009, 02:56 PM
I have a VTI-S and my car does not seem to have the flickering light problem, or if it does, I haven't noticed it yet :P

about the brakes, just change them and you should be fine ;P

is that the gen8 you have? Apparantly it only on the gen8's.

I've been in PM contact with a few gen8 VTI owners and they don't have the issue. So perhaps its only the yanks.:confused:

Bangaz
14-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Oh right missed that part :P not a gen 8 haha

NoOg_sTaR
19-10-2009, 04:53 AM
I have a Gen 8 aswell, the lights do flicker when AC kicks in but it is not noticeable besides driving into the garage imo.

If you wanted to fix this you can try running a additional ground wire from your negative terminal in the battery, it seems to have done the trick.