PDA

View Full Version : Teg GSi comp chip

bennettaru
18-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Hey, my friend has a GSi DC2 Teg, he wants to know what sort of chip to give it a little boost, now i'm not all up on honda chips, he said he wanted a mugen one. He's already done the intake and exhaust, i'm assuming the stock fuel pumps up to the job of a little more fuel etc.

Are there any plug and play chips? And are there any that do now require soldering? (these are his concerns)

Javed
18-11-2004, 06:37 PM
Honestly no point on a gsi. I own one and the only major upgrade I would be doing to the B18B would be turbo charging it.

bennettaru
18-11-2004, 06:45 PM
well as i said it's not for me, but a gsi isn't a bad choice for a chip, imo, i'd only use a standalone on a type r, anyways, back to topic

tanghy
18-11-2004, 08:38 PM
save the money, upgrade car

bennettaru
18-11-2004, 08:41 PM
that's what i said, but he doesn't want to, isn't there any chips for a teg? obviously there are but i don't know what sort to be looking at

Tofu
19-11-2004, 07:34 AM
hmm...the "chip" you're thinking of and talking about...
is it the same thing as what i think it is?

you're thinking of installing some small chip that adjusts the revs or something like that right? not like a piggy back ecu?

ebay had heaps of those for really cheap....Mugen and Spoon...try it...it won't hurt ya.

5poon
19-11-2004, 07:38 AM
Sorry, not trying to hijack just making a statement unless some people didnt know!
Please quit on the "Upgrade the car" comments everytime a gsi owner asks about upgrade options. We are happy with our DC4's and are already aware of that option before hand. If I wanted a respectfully fast car i wouldnt of bought a Honda in the 1st place. If i searched on gsi ugrades I would find it hard not to see one of these repetative comments in every thread. Point taken, but WE KNOW and dont want to!

Note - Before I cop crap for my comments on Honda not being a fast car... Im refering mostly to costs needed to get a car within competetive times compared to alot of other cars.

bennettaru
19-11-2004, 12:36 PM
They handle nice, and are pretty luxury.

No, it's not a piggy back, but those chips on ebay are dodgy as, I was talking about such things as a powerchip, and unichip

only suited to a teg gsi

Javed
19-11-2004, 02:40 PM
5poon. My comment on not bothers is comign straight from a DC4 owner me. Mate no need to get defensive about the gsi, it is a slow POS. But I love my slow POS. :)

joneblaze
19-11-2004, 03:28 PM
LOL@5poon and Jave....represent. ;)
Interesting to see if any of the tech boys have ANYTHING at all ecu/chipwise to recommend the little GSi....

tanghy
19-11-2004, 04:46 PM
the point is why spend all this money buying dodgy mods like chips and what not that are going to do jack all? the money is better spent saving up for frakenstein or vtec engine

bennettaru
19-11-2004, 05:29 PM
it's my friends car, not mine, the only thing i can think of that would also give it a little jump is perhaps some extractors/exhaust manifold upgrade

Javed
21-11-2004, 12:20 AM
just do the basic I/H/E.

bennettaru
21-11-2004, 11:10 AM
Intake headers exhaust?

5poon
24-11-2004, 12:32 PM
Wasnt meant to be a heated post btw. Just letting people know that us Gsi boys know we have slow rides but still enjoy modding them like everyone else. Neway I remember when it was cool to hang at the back..

5poon
24-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Agree I/H/E is the only extent you would want to go for Gsi performance but if he trys anything id like to hear about it, i dont have the $$ to waste. Havnt come across to many chips but wouldnt think they are worth it.

FANATK
24-11-2004, 12:43 PM
id take on a vtir in my gsi anyday!
had a small run once, he couldnt get past me i kept my nose ahead

SLIK_TEG
24-11-2004, 11:15 PM
yeah true my gsi has ripped a vtec apart b4 on many occasions :) AND had my nose infront on a zosted type R up2 roughly 100km/hr

its not whether u hav VTEC boys and girls, its whether u can drive the damn thing!!!

joneblaze
24-11-2004, 11:26 PM
yeah true my gsi has ripped a vtec apart b4 on many occasions :) AND had my nose infront on a zosted type R up2 roughly 100km/hr

its not whether u hav VTEC boys and girls, its whether u can drive the damn thing!!!
The ITR driver must have been extremely retarded. Either that or your GSi is basically so modded it's no longer a stockish B18B. :rolleyes:

Btw, you have a DC4, not a DC2. :)

SLIK_TEG
24-11-2004, 11:37 PM
maybe or maybe not champ, everyone has this concept on this forum that if u dnt hav a VTEC ur car dnt move, i tell ya mate that is all bullsh*t, it doesnt just take the driver 2 step on the pedal 2 win the race

joneblaze
24-11-2004, 11:50 PM
maybe or maybe not champ, everyone has this concept on this forum that if u dnt hav a VTEC ur car dnt move, i tell ya mate that is all bullsh*t, it doesnt just take the driver 2 step on the pedal 2 win the race

Perhaps. And judging by your sign up date and post count, you obviously haven't been around this forum long enough, or simply aren't good at text comprehension. Most people understand "VTEC" isn't the be all and end all. That being said, a stock VTiR is exponentially faster than a stock GSi. Truth be told...

madjace
25-11-2004, 08:02 AM
Sorry, not trying to hijack just making a statement unless some people didnt know!
Please quit on the "Upgrade the car" comments everytime a gsi owner asks about upgrade options. We are happy with our DC4's and are already aware of that option before hand. If I wanted a respectfully fast car i wouldnt of bought a Honda in the 1st place. If i searched on gsi ugrades I would find it hard not to see one of these repetative comments in every thread. Point taken, but WE KNOW and dont want to!

Note - Before I cop crap for my comments on Honda not being a fast car... Im refering mostly to costs needed to get a car within competetive times compared to alot of other cars.
bout time some one said that hooray

SLIK_TEG
25-11-2004, 08:20 AM
Joneblaze mate, LOL ur taking all this way to heart matey, im not saying GSI is quicker than VTEC. Read my words. Im saying that the GSI being driven properly --->CAN<--- rip a VTEC.

joneblaze
25-11-2004, 08:41 PM
Joneblaze mate, LOL ur taking all this way to heart matey, im not saying GSI is quicker than VTEC. Read my words. Im saying that the GSI being driven properly --->CAN<--- rip a VTEC.
LOL...take it to heart? Why? I drive a non VTEC DOHC GSi as well.

But at the end of the day a VTiR is still a hell of a lot faster than a GSi.

I suppose according to your train of thought, my GSi driven "properly" "--->CAN<---" "rip" a WRX/S15/etc....IF the drivers are retarded. :rolleyes:

integra97
25-11-2004, 09:54 PM
If he wants to chip the car ..correct me if im wrong...the car would have to be an obd1 ecu 1993 -1996. If the car is 97 onwards you would have to use a piggy back because of the obd2 ECU.

As for a GSI not being a good car to mod...true you wont get as much gain as a VTIR but you will get ok gains. When I had short ram intake and 2.25in exhaust i got 79kw @ the wheels and with ignition computer i was up to 86 kw...I think the stock GSI integra is approx 65kw-68kw at the wheels.

joneblaze
26-11-2004, 01:11 AM
If he wants to chip the car ..correct me if im wrong...the car would have to be an obd1 ecu 1993 -1996. If the car is 97 onwards you would have to use a piggy back because of the obd2 ECU.

As for a GSI not being a good car to mod...true you wont get as much gain as a VTIR but you will get ok gains. When I had short ram intake and 2.25in exhaust i got 79kw @ the wheels and with ignition computer i was up to 86 kw...I think the stock GSI integra is approx 65kw-68kw at the wheels.
Sounds about in line with what my stock B18B dynoed at. Good to know that too.

Generic SRI? Hiflow cat with that catback? No headers right?

Ignition ecu? Explain....

:thumbsup:

FEL12X
26-11-2004, 08:31 PM
i put the type-R thorttle and a fuel regulator on my GSi and feels a lot difference at high end..and i am thinking to have a SAFC as well...
can anyone tell is this gonna work?

integra97
27-11-2004, 10:05 PM
Sounds about in line with what my stock B18B dynoed at. Good to know that too.

Generic SRI? Hiflow cat with that catback? No headers right?

Ignition ecu? Explain....

:thumbsup:
Its a piggy back computer that is tapped into you ECU's wire harness. It allows to play with the mapping. I had a problem with it...it kept blowing my coil. so I got rid of it.

SAFC would be better for a teg.

tanghy
27-11-2004, 10:12 PM
put in a e-manage, better choice

BLKCRX
27-11-2004, 10:35 PM
Your in syd yeah ? then Go See dyno Dave 350$ + tuning job done.

Regards James

joneblaze
27-11-2004, 11:39 PM
Your in syd yeah ? then Go See dyno Dave 350$ + tuning job done.

Regards James
Is this the Hondata S100?

Would this work with a bog stock GSi, and if so what sort of figures atw would be pulled? (Working from a stock figure of approx. 65-68kwatw for B18B).

Also, what light-medium mods work well in conjunction with this, and what sort of numbers would be displayed then?

ie. Stock B18B + Hondata Tuned = 73kwatw
Intake + Catback + Cat + Hondata Tuned = 80kwatw
Intake + Full Exhaust + Hondata Tuned = 85kwatw
Intake + Full Exhaust + Adj. Cam Gears + Hondata Tuned = Etc etc etc

:)

I imagine since tuning costs a fair amount ($550+), the owner would realisticly want all hardware mods installed to the car before Hondata and tuning is carried out...