PDA

View Full Version : NSW Penalties for Driving a Prohibited Vehicle on P's?????

john
13-10-2009, 10:26 PM
G'day,
I cant find any other threads with this question regarding in NSW and I have looked at the RTA site and couldn't find it, but im on my red p's at the moment and im tossing up getting a car thats labelled as a prohibited vehicle.

Does anyone know the penalties for getting caught driving a prohibited vehicle???

thanks

vinnY
13-10-2009, 11:28 PM
LICENCE - PROVISIONAL
P1/P2 Driver fail to comply with conditions of licence - Drive prohibited vehicle
points; 7
fine; $422

http://rta.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/index.cgi?fuseaction=demeritpoints.form
search for 'provisional'

Chriskoss
13-10-2009, 11:32 PM
fuk that.. 7 points.. thats automatic suspension, nasty

BURST
14-10-2009, 12:36 AM
Don't do it. You hit someone, an expensive car, damage property, you'll be paying that off yourself. And if you injure someone permanently or something like that, it won't be fun to pay off.

sinseven
14-10-2009, 07:13 AM
not worth the trouble

rob1000
14-10-2009, 07:43 AM
Im always amazed at the number of P plate clad rexxies getting around...

bennjamin
14-10-2009, 08:05 AM
Im always amazed at the number of P plate clad rexxies getting around...

thats because its not THEIR car. Its their parents car etc. *loophole i believe*

flipfire
14-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Yeah i always see P platers driving turbo as well. Most cops dont care though, its just highway patrol you gotta watch out for.

The family car loophole was closed a while back,you cant use it as an excuse anymore. Theres no way around the restriction other than applying for a stringent exemption.

duckey
14-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Don't do it. You hit someone, an expensive car, damage property, you'll be paying that off yourself. And if you injure someone permanently or something like that, it won't be fun to pay off.

Damn straight. I wouldn't care about losing my licence or the fine as much as being sued for potentially lots of $$$$$

tmy
14-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Yeah i always see P platers driving turbo as well. Most cops dont care though, its just highway patrol you gotta watch out for.

The family car loophole was closed a while back,you cant use it as an excuse anymore. Theres no way around the restriction other than applying for a stringent exemption.
Its a bitch to get the exemption aswell.

Mate who is a mechanic applied for it saying tha the had to drive turbo'd or v8 cars for work reason. His boss wrote the letter and still got denied.

GSi_PSi
14-10-2009, 10:50 AM
lol. most of those rexxies you see are gx's or rx's with rexy exteriors, like my mate lmaoo even tricked me at first cause they still have the rexy rumble

john
14-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Ahh thanks for that info,seems pretty harsh penalty. Looks like i might stick to an NA car

warwick108
14-10-2009, 12:12 PM
i think u can get around it.. by saying its your work vechile.. but then again.. who drives a wrx for work?.. lol

rob1000
14-10-2009, 12:26 PM

yeah thats what i thought, my little brother had all sorts of problems with his 180sx... stupid for getting it in the first place but yeh... ;)

Rivenscyr
14-10-2009, 08:50 PM
i think u can get around it.. by saying its your work vechile.. but then again.. who drives a wrx for work?.. lol

someone who constantly runs late or needs to make quick deliveries :D

mnc
17-10-2009, 03:42 AM
fully built k20/24 ftw then? you'll be amazed by the potential of a k series all motor.