PDA

View Full Version : Does DC5 R is a noisy bugger?

detasemen88
14-10-2009, 12:10 PM
one thing that has bugged me for long...

Does everyone's else DC5R has noisy engine? i find that my engine is noisy.
it is sort of 'raspy' noise with ticking noise too (could be the injector/ valve tick, i am not sure).

Is it normal? also It makes faint whining/ whistling sound when accelereating, sound like Supercharger spooling (which is cool)...

I got "Intake (with bigger plenum box)-Race Header-Exhaust", as well as BLOX air filter setup.

is it normal? well everything operates normal, with VTEC engage very strongly, and put smile on my face;)

ndeuro_
14-10-2009, 12:16 PM
mate had one. noisy as ****.

7ypeR
14-10-2009, 11:34 PM
mate had one. noisy as ****.

Really? That's what people say about the dc2r

ndeuro_
15-10-2009, 12:33 AM
intake whistle, noisy engine. i guess they didnt soundproof it as good as the cl9s

detasemen88
15-10-2009, 01:11 AM
so i guess.... it's pretty normal then?? mine only have 25,000km .... when is valve clearance to be performed??

mnc
15-10-2009, 05:49 PM
It could be noisy due to alot of things. Exhaust leak etc.

TeMp
15-10-2009, 09:16 PM

it is sort of 'raspy' noise with ticking noise too (could be the injector/ valve tick, i am not sure).

Is it normal? also It makes faint whining/ whistling sound when accelereating, sound like Supercharger spooling (which is cool)...

I got "Intake (with bigger plenum box)-Race Header-Exhaust", as well as BLOX air filter setup.

is it normal? well everything operates normal, with VTEC engage very strongly, and put smile on my face;)

The whining/whistling sound when you accelerate is due to your aftermarket headers. I received exactly the same noise when I changed to TODA headers.

Not sure about your ticking noise thought.

i guess they didnt soundproof it as good as the cl9s

DC5R has no sound deadening. Comparing noise level of a luxury/family car to a performance car is so pointless.

aaronng
15-10-2009, 10:04 PM
so i guess.... it's pretty normal then?? mine only have 25,000km .... when is valve clearance to be performed??

Every 40,000km or 2 years, whichever comes first

aaronng
15-10-2009, 10:04 PM
intake whistle, noisy engine. i guess they didnt soundproof it as good as the cl9s

My Euro is noisy. LOL

detasemen88
15-10-2009, 11:45 PM
yeah i guess Type Rs are noisier than their softer counterparts.... so i guess it is alright...

J_Phongsavan
31-10-2009, 06:30 AM
the ticking noise could be coming from the I-VTEC cover that is rattling on the standard intake manifold. all or most DC5 are like that...

MM89
31-10-2009, 07:49 AM
The DC5 uses a timing chain rather than a timing belt like those seen
in the B series and D series and others.

With a timing belt it is a lot quieter because there is less friction between the
belt itself and the grooves on the gears, therefore no lubrication is required.

Timing chains are just inevitably noisier, there's most likely nothing wrong
with your car. That being said, chains will still wear out as a mechanical part.
If your timing chain is wearing out, that SAME ticking noise might get louder.
This is due to the chain elongating and the clearance between link is increased.

45SET
31-10-2009, 02:38 PM

The bolded part is the reason your car is noisy.

Thought that would have been fairly obvious.

WATAJK
01-11-2009, 01:30 PM
My DC5R is noisey aswell, only hve an aftermarket exhaust but even before it, its loud enuff

45SET
01-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Car has no sound deadening (As mentioned above). These are all normal road noises. Drive the car over gravel, you'll think the car is going to fall apart due to all the rocks being flicked up into the guards and underbody.

Its amazing how much noise a simple layer of tar cuts out.

WATAJK
01-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Car has no sound deadening (As mentioned above). These are all normal road noises. Drive the car over gravel, you'll think the car is going to fall apart due to all the rocks being flicked up into the guards and underbody.

Its amazing how much noise a simple layer of tar cuts out.

Yeah read what you wrote before.
Well thats why it gives the race feeling :)