PDA

View Full Version : EK9 5 Lug

98vtir
14-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Hey I've done a bit of searching but cannot find anything that can totally answer my question.

I bought a 5 lug conversion for my EK4 and it was everything except rotors and calipers for the swap. I've had my eye on a set of F+R brembo blank rotors off ebay (about 180 US + 80 s/h)

But some other things I am unsure (some obviously sure) I need, i.e. Brake lines, ITR brake booster and master cylinder. Calipers (I may go for some spoon fronts or a cheaper option like Wilwood) but for the rears am I best to source EK9 rear calipers?

Have I missed anything out? I appreciate the help, thanks.

vinnY
14-10-2009, 03:54 PM
assuming you had an ek4 to begin with, that's about it
ek9/dc2r rears will be fine, probably not easy to get a hold of by themselves though

mocchi
14-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Hey I've done a bit of searching but cannot find anything that can totally answer my question.

I bought a 5 lug conversion for my EK4 and it was everything except rotors and calipers for the swap. I've had my eye on a set of F+R brembo blank rotors off ebay (about 180 US + 80 s/h)

But some other things I am unsure (some obviously sure) I need, i.e. Brake lines, ITR brake booster and master cylinder. Calipers (I may go for some spoon fronts or a cheaper option like Wilwood) but for the rears am I best to source EK9 rear calipers?

Have I missed anything out? I appreciate the help, thanks.

F+R for 180? lucky i havent bought mine yet, quoted 220 exc. shipping. can you please pm me the link?
i can only find the non type r blanks.

thanks.

98vtir
14-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Thanks vinnY, I just gotta make sure the rotors are at least 282mm before I buy em :P But they are apparently to suit a Type R so you'd think so!

moochi:
I messaged the seller and he said he had them but hasn't provided me with an eBay listing yet, I'll pm you all the details I have!

vinnY
14-10-2009, 06:35 PM
yeah make sure they're the right offset/thickness/size/center bore/stud pattern
complete specs are available off the dba (http://www.dba.com.au/default.asp) website if need be

98vtir
15-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Oh cool, I used to have a DBA brochure in my car that I got from my mechanics. Thanks for that!