PDA

View Full Version : Adjust Ody 2005 front lights

quackzero
14-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Greetings,

I purchased a new HID kit for my ody '05 and noticed that the heights are not even.
Would anyone know how to adjust the height and horizontally where the lights point to, under the hood?

Is there a recommended height measurement for sydney/aussie car drivers?

Appreciate the help!

aka_NSX
14-10-2009, 10:26 PM
its easy . . . but to explain it in here its not easy

anyway you need a long phillips screwdriver, if you look from the top you can see one of the adjuster near the back of the High beam cover after that you need to look from the side into the low beam one then you will find another one exactly the same

evolution
15-10-2009, 12:40 AM
I think it is set that way from the factory, cos my right low beam is also lower than the left. Must be some reason fo that? So that it doesn't blind on coming traffic? Hmmmm

AusAccord
15-10-2009, 08:43 AM
I think it is set that way from the factory, cos my right low beam is also lower than the left. Must be some reason fo that? So that it doesn't blind on coming traffic? Hmmmm

bingo!!! the left also wider than the right due to the on-coming traffic. pls keep the factory setting as its so annoying when blinded by the on-coming headlight at night.

just a side note, have u guys thinking of installing the Daytime Running Light? prepare doing that by LED....

quackzero
15-10-2009, 08:56 AM
bingo!!! the left also wider than the right due to the on-coming traffic. pls keep the factory setting as its so annoying when blinded by the on-coming headlight at night.

just a side note, have u guys thinking of installing the Daytime Running Light? prepare doing that by LED....

Hi all,

I totally agree with all the factory settings.
However, when I installed the HID lights, the installations were not as 'neat' as its supposed to be.

I noticed that my right low beam is higher and pointing to the left.
Also with my left low beam, is not pointing straight.

So, can anyone take a snapshot on where it is?

Cheers again!

evolution
15-10-2009, 11:23 AM

Got mine installed a few weeks ago. Nothing fancy, wife didn't even notice it! So sad.

AusAccord
15-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Got mine installed a few weeks ago. Nothing fancy, wife didn't even notice it! So sad.

DRL? where is the pics Evo???????

Atjo
15-10-2009, 04:27 PM

I was planning to do it under my head light but i don't think it'll look nice as you can see the led strip. If it's inside the head light like the one that you can find in import monster than don't mind :)

evolution
15-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Mines the cheapo version, not the headlight type. Just stuck LED on the bumper, not very nice actually.

Atjo
15-10-2009, 05:05 PM
pictures?

evolution
16-10-2009, 12:34 AM
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee128/rb1odc/Odyssey/IMG_1558.jpg

Doesn't make much differnce...... will wait till these lights go before changing to something else a bit more obvious

Atjo
16-10-2009, 09:34 AM
It looks alright, you have any plan using the LED strip?

evolution
16-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Don't think I'll use the LED strip.

I also saw the import monster one, very tempted to buy, but the price is a bit ex

Have a look at this youtube videos, the lights will blow you away..thinking of visiting the shop when I'm in Singapore next

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=davelimcm#p/u

Dan, this specific one might interest you... White RB1 with the works
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=davelimcm#p/u/25/gjcbsNeqEGU

And my personal fav
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joRbjrHUhZo