PDA

View Full Version : Using different rim size

lo0se3r
15-10-2009, 11:52 AM
How would different rim size for front and back affect the drivability of the car?

I am thinking of putting a pair of 14' at the front and 15' at the rear for a DA9.

What do you guys think?

:confused:

Mikecivic78
16-10-2009, 08:41 PM
How would different rim size for front and back affect the drivability of the car?

I am thinking of putting a pair of 14' at the front and 15' at the rear for a DA9.

What do you guys think?

:confused:

ive never heard of anyone doing this. would like to see the pics if u do it. I wouldnt advise it but im always interested in new and unusual setups. :wave:

Vtecyo
17-10-2009, 07:48 PM
You shouldnt have a problem at all man. Thats assuming that the rims have the rite profile tire on to suit ur car.

Any wheels that are on ur car should be set up to have the same or close to as possable rolling Diameter as stock.
The rims size itself doesnt matter, it comes down to the profile and size of the tire.

For example.
I have 15s on the front of mine at the moment and 17s at the back. The 17s have a much lower profile tire and the 15s have a heigher. You know, alot more rubber around the rim.

The tire on the 15s is a XX/55/15
and on the 17s its a XX/40/17
The 55 and the 40 being the profile for the size of the rim.
So because you have a bigger profile on a smaller rim, they work out the same and are both roughly the same size over all as each other.

You can stick the tire size into a calculator like this one.
http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp
and see how close they are to stock size and each other.

You stardard size on a DA is 195/60HR14
Stick that in for a start and then the size of tire on the 14 and 15s.

If both rims have come of a honda before im pretty sure they would be the rite size.

Hope that helps :)

lo0se3r
17-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Oh great!
thanks for the help!
=)