PDA

View Full Version : Register In Vic

hkgxtra
15-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Just wonder anybody know or do the engine registration before that it need a engineer cert for putting a B18C or larger engine in a EG??

Thanks

PHM91
15-10-2009, 09:59 PM
are you asking if you need a engineer certificate if you just put in a b18c?

hkgxtra
15-10-2009, 10:18 PM
are you asking if you need a engineer certificate if you just put in a b18c?

yes that is my question

PHM91
15-10-2009, 10:24 PM
yes you do need a engineer;s certificate if you have swapped your engine from 1.3-1.6 to the 1.8L

hope this helps :).

hkgxtra
15-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Thanks you so much but do you know how much it cost??

SuiJin
15-10-2009, 10:40 PM
yes you do need a engineer;s certificate if you have swapped your engine from 1.3-1.6 to the 1.8L

hope this helps :).

fail 1.6 to 1.8 no you don't anything else yes

redefine
16-10-2009, 09:53 AM
an increase of 200cc is allowed without eng. also, if its an engine that origonally came in that model of a higher trim, like putting a b16 in a 1.3l eg

mocchi
16-10-2009, 10:07 AM
does anyone have a link to vicroads? or a pdf saying that?

thanks.

hkgxtra
16-10-2009, 08:34 PM
an increase of 200cc is allowed without eng. also, if its an engine that origonally came in that model of a higher trim, like putting a b16 in a 1.3l eg

In Vicroads website http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Registration/ChangeOfVehicleDetails/ under the change of engine it said

1.Replacement engine is identical to the original engine, or is an option allowed by the manufacturer for the same model vehicle
The optional engine must be offered in Australia by the vehicle manufacturer as an option for that vehicle (or certified variants).

2.. Replacement engine is not of a type offered by the vehicle manufacturer as an option for that vehicle or where alterations, or changes to the vehicle's frame or structure are made, and/or specially fabricated supports or structures are used
then it will need a VASS Approval Certificate from a VicRoads Vehicle Assessment Signatory

And therefore i think if i put a B18CR into a EG5 which is 1.6L will need a engine cert to register

mocchi
16-10-2009, 08:45 PM
In Vicroads website http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Registration/ChangeOfVehicleDetails/ under the change of engine it said

1.Replacement engine is identical to the original engine, or is an option allowed by the manufacturer for the same model vehicle
The optional engine must be offered in Australia by the vehicle manufacturer as an option for that vehicle (or certified variants).

2.. Replacement engine is not of a type offered by the vehicle manufacturer as an option for that vehicle or where alterations, or changes to the vehicle's frame or structure are made, and/or specially fabricated supports or structures are used
then it will need a VASS Approval Certificate from a VicRoads Vehicle Assessment Signatory

And therefore i think if i put a B18CR into a EG5 which is 1.6L will need a engine cert to register

finally someone with effort to understand. +1

i never see any rules stating an increase in engine displacement of x% would require engine certificate. in vic.

Vicroad's VSI8 or VSI20 didn't say anything about engine displacement percentage.

PHM91
17-10-2009, 03:40 AM
i knew i was right, thanks hkgxtra for clearing things up.

dougie_504
17-10-2009, 10:21 AM

100% correct.

However if you want to get away without paying loads of cash for a engineering cert you can go B16A/B18 or B20 VTEC Frank and just restamp the Eng No. on the block with the B16A original number because the B18 and B20 blocks look pretty much the same (especially to the non-enthusiast).

sangyz
17-10-2009, 02:58 PM
i think i should be right with registering my b18c without an engineerings certificate right? 1.6 to 1.8

WATAJK
17-10-2009, 10:11 PM
100% correct.

However if you want to get away without paying loads of cash for a engineering cert you can go B16A/B18 or B20 VTEC Frank and just restamp the Eng No. on the block with the B16A original number because the B18 and B20 blocks look pretty much the same (especially to the non-enthusiast).

Your right with what you've written but if you get a TMU cop who knows what he's looking at he's going to rape you sideways.

Do the right thing mate and just get it certified that way you will never have the issue with getting fines/defects/EPA etc.