PDA

View Full Version : Eg civic idle problem and fuel tank indicator problem

slow_poke
16-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Hi guys i was just wondering what is wrong with my eg, i just got it yesterday and when my car is idling the rpms are on 0, not sure if this is a problem but means i got to get the rpms higher to take off. I got another problem i believe that my fuel tank indicator is playing up, when im driving the fuel reader goes low but not by a bit maybe about half a quarter or a bit more then when im stationary it goes back to high. I just filled up yesterday and have done 200km's and am on half a tank just wondering if thats how much these cars take cos i heard the tank lasts 500kms.

Thanks in advanced

tiksie
19-10-2009, 10:57 AM
What kind of EG is it ? What model ? Carby of EFi ?
There is a idle adjust near the throttle body on EFi and near the carby on the carby model.

You just have to adjust it with a flathead screwdriver or/ phillips head to raise/lower your idle RPM, it's preety easy.

What model do you have though ? That way we can put up pictures for you.

slow_poke
19-10-2009, 07:43 PM
I'm pretty noob with honda's but its not a carby lol

xclusive_eg8
19-10-2009, 08:16 PM
yeah my fuel thing does that too sometimes, think its due to the sensor in the fuel tank being in a wierd position. But I dont get drastic drops, also of you have a eg with a d15 is should idle between 750 - 1000rpm when warm

connorling
13-01-2010, 02:06 PM
What kind of EG is it ? What model ? Carby of EFi ?
There is a idle adjust near the throttle body on EFi and near the carby on the carby model.

You just have to adjust it with a flathead screwdriver or/ phillips head to raise/lower your idle RPM, it's preety easy.

What model do you have though ? That way we can put up pictures for you.

where is that adjuster on b18c?

connorling
13-01-2010, 02:06 PM
yeah my fuel thing does that too sometimes, think its due to the sensor in the fuel tank being in a wierd position. But I dont get drastic drops, also of you have a eg with a d15 is should idle between 750 - 1000rpm when warm

what if u do get a drastic drop in rpm at idle, then come back up to 800rpm. what does that mean? how can i fix it?

PlatinumVisuals
13-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Does it keep doing it ? Like idle hunting ?

connorling
13-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Does it keep doing it ? Like idle hunting ?

it all starts at idle, the car is kind of knocking noice.

connorling
13-01-2010, 06:34 PM
it is like emmmmmm boo emmmmmm boo emmmmmmboo.
everytime it boo, the revv goes down to like 600rpm, comes back up again.

and when driving, u can hear the car is not smooth