PDA

View Full Version : ek turbo sedan

tat01
18-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Hey guys,

I'm considering buying an ek turbo sedan, its pulling 137kw so yes its exceeding the power to weight ratio. I am on greens Ps and admittingly I cannot legally drive manual so im basically looking at losing my license if i get busted. However im willing to take that chance but i still need to obtain a rwc for it, does anyone have any ideas on the way to go with this one.

tatty

Mr_will
18-10-2009, 03:24 PM
shouldnt discuss illegal activity on a forum.

i assume you live in victoria?

the obvious solution would be to get a RWC based on a different tune, then get it retuned.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
18-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Don't risk your license for a car, simple.

Unless you can get turbo acception, otherwise don't.

otherwise I wish you luck on keeping your license for however long that is.

WATAJK
18-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Don't risk your license for a car, simple.

Unless you can get turbo acception, otherwise don't.

otherwise I wish you luck on keeping your license for however long that is.

I wouldn't judge directly into that just because he canl drive a turbo car he will lose his license within 6 months.

Basically if you wanna get away with driving a turbo car
#1 Avoid speeding, if you can't do that FORGET it.
#2 Don't do any mod's that will draw attention to, even lowering ur car to legal.
#3 If you ever get pulled over, always be polite and respectful.
#4 Do all the right things, you shouldn't be hassled at all

Cop's have even said that they don't care about what us P Platers drive in Vic, they only give to shits when people act stupidly in there cars (Proof: Cruise event 2 months ago, 4 coppers even said it)

Im not one to say you shouldn't do this and that because it's your choice if you wish to run that risk but i have a mate whos driving a 1999 Imprez WRX STI 2 Dr, on his last year of P's, has never been hassled at booze buses etc.

Alternatively, you can apply to VicRoads to try obtain an exemption with some luck you may get one.

Wish you the best of luck

SHOGUNOVDDRK
18-10-2009, 03:46 PM
I wouldn't judge directly into that just because he canl drive a turbo car he will lose his license within 6 months.

Fact is this, a loss of license is still a loss of license.

WATAJK
18-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Fact is this, a loss of license is still a loss of license.

I never said you were wrong in that factor though.
I was just suggesting some points to him if his decision is to drive the car.

Sorry if my view isn't something you agree with but he wanted an answer so i gave him some information close enough to an answer.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
18-10-2009, 03:52 PM
I never said you were wrong in that factor though.

I didn't say you were wrong either, just more hoping you'd realise I didn't specify a ETA for him to lose his license.

Fact is he could easily get away with Driving a turbo car but if he gets owned he won't have P-plates on which will = GOATSE.

Anyway, choice is yours OP, make it and enjoy it.

rob1000
18-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Hey guys,

I'm considering buying an ek turbo sedan, its pulling 137kw so yes its exceeding the power to weight ratio. I am on greens Ps and admittingly I cannot legally drive manual so im basically looking at losing my license if i get busted. However im willing to take that chance but i still need to obtain a rwc for it, does anyone have any ideas on the way to go with this one.

tatty

If your already set on buying the car could you pay to remove the turbo + exhaust and store it all in your garage etc... wait out your P's then swap it all back in. it will be costly but not as costly/annoying as losing your licence.

My little brother drove around in a quick 180 with HKS turbo etc, just like you. wasn't long before he was forced to sell after losing his licence.

WATAJK
18-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Rob1000 your correct in what your saying but to change everything that you need to, to make the car run actually sufficently well again its much more complicated then that.
My mate has pulled his turbo out of his 180 thinking a simple fix, he's recently having to spend $5000 to fix all the bits he's now ****ed up.

Just keep the turbo in, DISPLAY your p plates as you won't lose another 3 points

tat01
18-10-2009, 04:19 PM
thanks heaps for the advice guys, really weighing it up now..
i have just over 1 year left on my Ps but i really want to drive manual..
im not too concerned if the car is turbo or not, im just looking for something to go under the radar and not attract attention like an eg.

rob1000
18-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Rob1000 your correct in what your saying but to change everything that you need to, to make the car run actually sufficently well again its much more complicated then that.
My mate has pulled his turbo out of his 180 thinking a simple fix, he's recently having to spend $5000 to fix all the bits he's now ****ed up.

Just keep the turbo in, DISPLAY your p plates as you won't lose another 3 points

Fair enough :) well atleast remove any BOV action ;)

redefine
19-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Cop's have even said that they don't care about what us P Platers drive in Vic, they only give to shits when people act stupidly in there cars (Proof: Cruise event 2 months ago, 4 coppers even said it)

unless you got a dick whos had a bad day. it all comes down to luck. but its true that unless you actually act like a dickhead, chances you get caught are low. i drove for 3 months in my manual while on auto licence. never got hassled.

EKTYPR
19-10-2009, 05:17 PM
im nout sure about laws in ur area...
but i do belive that green p platers are allowed to drive manual?? i remeber my cuzz changing to manual on her greens
im in sydney
as for the turbo...lol thats another story
i personally have considered driving turbo on my greens and dont really mind about that rule...my 2c

kraiye
19-10-2009, 05:32 PM
drive on stock rims at stock/near stock height. get a quiet exhaust.
if you got P plates & FMIC then do what the Stones did and "paint it black".
on top of that , hide it with mesh.

sleeper + no hassle = win!