PDA

View Full Version : Can't Refit EM1 Chassis Brace

Eclipsor
19-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Did the clutch on the EM1 on the weekend and removed the stock upper chassis brace in the process. Problem is now I can't get it back on. Is there a trick to this? The holes are probably 4mm or so out (bar seems too long). I'm guess the chassis flexed a bit from being up on jack stands for a couple of days.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mugen Civic
19-10-2009, 11:15 AM
did you try to jack the car up without it resting on the jack stands and try fitting the brace on?

jacking it up from the jacking point at the front of the car that is.

jords
19-10-2009, 11:19 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2418046#post2418046

this may help.

munkaii
19-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Jack it up so that you unload the front of the car and it should go on fine. The chassis flexes a little when you have the whole front on the ground. Strut bar limits it.

Eclipsor
19-10-2009, 11:48 AM
did you try to jack the car up without it resting on the jack stands and try fitting the brace on?

jacking it up from the jacking point at the front of the car that is.

Jack it up so that you unload the front of the car and it should go on fine. The chassis flexes a little when you have the whole front on the ground. Strut bar limits it.

Thanks guys. Yeah. Tried that. Didn't get any noticeable movement. Might try leaving it for a few hours like that.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2418046#post2418046

this may help.

Thanks. Doesn't really help in this case though because it is a chassis brace not a strut tower brace.

Tai
19-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Think you installed it upside down.

Try reversing the bar.

Eclipsor
19-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Think you installed it upside down.

Try reversing the bar.

Yeah tried both ways. One way works better than the other. But still a few mm off.

Mugen Civic
19-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks guys. Yeah. Tried that. Didn't get any noticeable movement. Might try leaving it for a few hours like that.

Thanks. Doesn't really help in this case though because it is a chassis brace not a strut tower brace.

oh oops, i thought you meant tower brace.
=)

bennjamin
19-10-2009, 07:26 PM
try this

The 4 x bolt points are very slightly diagonal (not dead vertical)

Try to place the chassis brace on one side , carefully lower the brace down ontot he opposite side. You will notice the holes on the chassis bar just miss out on the actual mounting bolts.

Grab a small flat head screwdriver - hold the chassis brace slightly above and place the flathead THROUGH and INBETWEEN the chassis brace and bolt point...lower down and slightly shift the bolt point with the screwdriver. This should give it enough leverage to slip over onto the chassis brace and thus fittment.

If that doesnt make sense i can take a picture if i CBF'd

Eclipsor
19-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Ta. Pretty sure I know what you mean and I think I gave it a bit of a half hearted try yesterday. Looks like there isn't a magical fix that I didn't know about. Will just have to try some combination of the above. thanks all.