PDA

View Full Version : Weird sound when closing door....

duckey
19-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Hey guys,

I've noticed the same problem with my old DC4.

The problem is that when I close the door with the window down, it makes a weird noise...like the glass is about to shatter. I thought it was just my DC4 but its happening with my DC2 as well. It seems fine when the windows are up though. Any comments?

Regards,

Duckey

PaulsTeg
20-10-2009, 01:59 AM
The window lifter mechanism might be a little lose. When the window is open, the lifter is taking the weight of the glass. When closed, the glasses is compressed against the window frame holding it in place more firmly.

If you are ambitious, you can remove the door trim and inspect / tighten the window lifter.

Good luck.

freshprince
20-10-2009, 04:21 AM
not sure if wat u are desscribing is the same as me or not but my car started to make a weird noise wen i took off the door trim to change the speakers.

I struggled badly to put the door trim back on and didnt put it back on properly, the triangle piece that covers the power mirror wires wasnt even goind back on properly. got a weird noise because of the window glass pushed too hard against the door frame or something

in the end, took off the door trim, spent an hour putting it back on properly. weird sound was gone.

xQuizit
20-10-2009, 11:57 AM
it is a common problem and easy fix, most likely the plastic strip in which the window goes down through has fallen down.. basically
1. take of door trim
2. locate plastic strip
3. pull back up, use tape to hold it in place or glue
4. add some lube on plastic strip, enabling window to slide

phaz
20-10-2009, 09:17 PM
it is a common problem and easy fix, most likely the plastic strip in which the window goes down through has fallen down.. basically
1. take of door trim
2. locate plastic strip
3. pull back up, use tape to hold it in place or glue
4. add some lube on plastic strip, enabling window to slide

i got this problem too, thanks i'll give that a shot and see what happens. :)