PDA

View Full Version : Fitting kits

timoding
20-10-2009, 01:21 AM
Hi guys.

Got a question about fitting body kits.
I recently got a body kit and got it painted. I just need to fit it now. I have heard some storys that you can do it yourself, while others say you need it done by a panel beater and need a engineering cert. If police catch you with a body kit without a cert then you can get a yellow sticker. Is this true? I have heard many storys and am not sure what I should do. Just fit it myself or get it done by a panel beater.
Coming from Perth, W.A.

Thanks.

Tim.

altong0840
22-10-2009, 12:05 PM
not too sure, but i fitted mine for my fd's car, i never heard about the policy for the yellow sticker, it is easy to fitted it if u already painted it, just a few screws and drill a few holes if it is not direct fit, how can they tell it is not installed by the shop if u can install it perfect?

timoding
22-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Yes that is true.
Mate originally told me that police can pull you over, and if you don't have a eng cert to proove it was professionally fitted then you can get a yellow sticker. That is why I am quite reluctant at this stage and trying to find more information.
Thanks

Tim

iLlusion10
22-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Yes that is true.
Mate originally told me that police can pull you over, and if you don't have a eng cert to proove it was professionally fitted then you can get a yellow sticker. That is why I am quite reluctant at this stage and trying to find more information.
Thanks

Tim

Never even heard of that...is it written anywhere on vicroads or RTA website?

timoding
22-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Never even heard of that...is it written anywhere on vicroads or RTA website?

I've tried googling, but iv'e never found any information regarding it.

Alvis
24-10-2009, 03:43 PM
I've never heard of being defected for a body kit, but if you've gone all out, bought and had the kit painted - maybe best just to finish the job, get it professionally installed and forget about it.

Good luck with it mate,

onlykillzz
24-10-2009, 04:39 PM
you probably should have fitted it before painted it for "test fit" because now if you have to adjust it your going to see where it was adjusted. and you do not need any cert for body kit install the only thing they can get you for is if its to wide....., but i haven't ever seen anyone get done for that.....

good luck

timoding
25-10-2009, 03:08 PM
you probably should have fitted it before painted it for "test fit" because now if you have to adjust it your going to see where it was adjusted. and you do not need any cert for body kit install the only thing they can get you for is if its to wide....., but i haven't ever seen anyone get done for that.....

good luck

I had already test fitted it, marked all the wholes with my mate before painting it. My mate is a panel beater. He said he doesnt want to fit it cause of safety reasons. Hes a mate so I dont want to cause any problems. Going to try fit it myself with some other friends today.

Thanks all for your help.

cdpfxz
25-10-2009, 03:50 PM
im not 100% on the rules over there but i'm pretty sure ur not gonna need an engineer's certificate for a bodykit... only times u'd get done is if its too wide or too low, not for having an aftermarket kit itself..

Nic