PDA

View Full Version : Washed my car today

Mr EG
20-10-2009, 09:32 PM
I washed my car today, my car is black.

I seem to be getting more and more scratches, I realize after I wash my car. The scratch ain't deep, it just a scratch where you don't see the black colour no more, but you just see silver line. What is the cause of this? I don't scrape my car or do anything to get these scratch. :S

How can I remove this scratch? Is there a product? How much is it and where to get it? Or how do I repair it?

DvSnGuYeN
20-10-2009, 09:34 PM
try using clay bar, or that scratch X by Meguiars... or a wax and buff could take some finer "scratches" out too...

the swirls can be anything from wind blowing dust particles at your car, daily driving, sometimes when you wash your car with a sponge and there's dirt in it... everyone gets them...

INVSBL
20-10-2009, 11:52 PM
professional cut and polish.
will get ur paintwork look smick if u use a proper company.

geeang
21-10-2009, 10:08 AM
You have what is called "swirl marks" that need to be removed with a good detail.

Mr EG
21-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks.

simonnowis
21-10-2009, 11:01 AM
what are you using to wash the car? if your using those $2 yellow sponges it may be the problem. for black cars you have to use lamb wool type sponge, they sell it at nearly all auto stores.

Mr EG
21-10-2009, 11:07 AM
what are you using to wash the car? if your using those $2 yellow sponges it may be the problem. for black cars you have to use lamb wool type sponge, they sell it at nearly all auto stores.

Yeh haha I use the normal yellow sponge. Thanks mate, will get my hand on the lamb wool sponge.

98vtir
21-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Brushing past leafy trees etc causes scratches too, I religiously avoid doing this :P

I did the stupidest thing one day and didn't read the back of this medium cut n polish, 'do not use on clear coat' hmmm now my hood has swirl marks like all f@#k lol so friggin stupid....

02gzm
21-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Are you wearing rings or a watch when washing your car? They will leave a silver line in your clear coat if rubbed against the car that you mentioned in your first post. It's just the oxidation from the metal being picked up by the softer clearcoat. In a similar way that a clay bar will grab crap off the paint because it's softer.

Clay bar the shit out of your car where the silver lines are. It should get rid of them. The scratch marks however will be harder to get out.

twing
21-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Yeh haha I use the normal yellow sponge. Thanks mate, will get my hand on the lamb wool sponge.

another tip: don't use high pressure water. I use watering can, and wash with two buckets. One bucket with soap, other bucket with water for rinsing the mitt. So the steps are: dunk the mitt in to soap bucket, swipe the car, dunk the mitt in the rinsing bucket.. then repeat. Change the water in rinsing bucket frequently.

Lukey
21-10-2009, 04:09 PM
id suggest a microfibre mitt over lambswool mitt?

mnc
21-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Your sponge is probably contaminated with tiny rocks etc. So when you wash your car your actually scratching it lols.