PDA

View Full Version : brakes

phaz
21-10-2009, 03:21 PM
hey guys,

just wondering does anyone know what it means when i start breaking and come to a stop, then the break pedal slowly goes all the way down to the bottom? Today it did it and then it started rolling a bit, the brakes also squeak a little. Does the brake fluid need replacing?

Cheers

P.s it's a 93 teg gsi

string
21-10-2009, 03:27 PM
My sister's GSi did the same thing - I replaced the brake master cylinder with a new item from Honda and no more problems.

Sir_vtec
21-10-2009, 03:31 PM
the squeak is your brake pads when the pin on the pads is making contact with the rotor it is an indication that the pads need to be replaced.

chowdaa
22-10-2009, 05:23 PM
brakefluid change won't hurt but go master cylinder, then fluid change, so you aren't doubling up your work load. bit common problem with civics i think. i did mine:) you can get recoed but just cheaper to go aftermarket. squeeling constant is the pad indicator telling you need new pads, intermitten squeel could be dry/unlubricated pads, cheap pads or sharp edge on pad contacting the lip of the disc.

phaz
23-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Ah ok, thanks for the help guys, really cleared things up. I'm going to change the brake master cylinder, then change the pads.

cheers :)