PDA

View Full Version : What interests you?

Deb
21-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Just wanting to get an idea of what events members of Ozhonda (and the HCCNSW) might be interested in taking part in.

Are you interested in sprinting (racing) at somehwere like Eastern Creek or Wakefiled?

Is it the skid pan that interests you more?

How about grass or bitumen motorkhanas?

What about social events? Drive In? Economy Runs? Country drives? Twilight drives? Dinners or lunches out and about? Picnics? Trivia nights? Hunter Valley drives/winery visits?

Are there any CR-V drivers interested in offroad or dirt road stuff??

Are you perhaps interested in technical presentations from experts in the field?

Bear in mind that we are a relatively small club and do not have the manpower to organise all events (especially speed events). But we can seek invites to things that bigger clubs are doing.....

It would be helpful for us to know what types of events we should be organising or seeking invites for.

So....feel free to post ideas below.....I can't promise we'll keep everyone happy, but we will surely have a much better idea. :D

Deb :)

wynode
21-10-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm waiting for the next skid pan day......but you already know that :)

Twincam16
22-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Skid pan would be a winner

SHOGUNOVDDRK
22-10-2009, 03:19 AM
Bring on the skidpan.

*fixes drums and lines for event*

Chuckz
22-10-2009, 07:55 AM
social events cruising....hunter valley or wherever.

or skid pans

rawr
23-10-2009, 03:53 AM
i'm with chucks, nice cruises and skid pans ftw

aaronng
23-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Social events would be good to have. It would strengthen the bond between members.

panda[cRx]
23-10-2009, 01:44 PM
maybe do a poll so you can keep track of replies easier

Lukey
23-10-2009, 03:03 PM
moutain/twisty runs. any sort of these sorts of tracks?

Cartoon
25-10-2009, 11:44 AM
track training days, open track events, legal hill climbs would be good to

rpm boy
26-10-2009, 11:51 AM
motokhanas and mountain runs would be awsome

krogoth
27-10-2009, 11:00 AM
motorkhanas, skid pans, advanced driver training days

that would be an awesome start

pity this is for NSW

im pretty sure vic has a honda club too.............

wynode
27-10-2009, 11:17 AM

Yup they do.....and if they're keen on jumping on board they are more than welcome :)

krogoth
27-10-2009, 11:29 AM
has any1 contacted them yet?

if it hasnt been done yet, i will in a few weeks when im more free

think they are around the northern suburbs somewhere

wynode
27-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Not yet.....but I suspect they'll be curious to see how this alliance goes first. If it does well to keep the HCCNSW running....I think it would be a great success!

Feel free to pass on my details if required!

DA9
27-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Driver training ,time attack,motorkhana, Social events

EvoCivic
09-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Sounds like a few people are interested in motorkhanas. There is one coming up in a couple of weeks (21st November) at Ansell Park, Persival St Richmond (opposite the RAAF base). It's a dirt 'khana so cars tend to get a little dusty. It might be a good opportunity for some of you to at least come and have a look to see what they are all about. I'm going to try to get there with It (people in the HCC know what It is).
That's going to be your last opportunity for motorkhanaing this year as the motorsport year has pretty much finished. Next year we'll include at least some of the NSW State Motorkhana Championship rounds in the calendar. People from any CAMS affiliated car club can enter state rounds (and no you don't have to be even a little bit good to enter). Most are held on bitumen at Nirimba TAFE with dirt rounds usually at Awaba on the central coast.

wynode
09-11-2009, 01:02 PM
^ Adrian ?

If you're getting IT out there then I'll most probably come down and see if I can snap some pictures.

If anyone else is keen on going down to check it out then post back.

hotdc2
14-11-2009, 08:26 PM
it would be great to have a skidpan day, but i wouldn't take my honda lol. I'd be more interested in a track day for my teg.

beeza
14-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Can U organise for us to drive at Bathurst Deb? :)

hotdc2
14-11-2009, 08:39 PM
LOLLLLLLLL thats a long trip for you Brett

beeza
14-11-2009, 08:42 PM
That's fine!

It's my dream.

I have rang Bathurst a few times but the story (excuse) is always the same:

"Half the track is public road,so you cant use it" which always baffled me cause they have plenty of track days that they close the road for.

hotdc2
14-11-2009, 09:06 PM
it would cost a lot to get them to close the track down.

think of the hassles with council etc.
cant imagine it's the cheapest track to hire out either

beeza
14-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Yeah,makes sense when ya put it like that man.

Such a shame.An incredible track sitting there and cant be used by the public because 'Half the track is a public road' (and is too hard to close)

Damn shame.I pitchured the civic coming over the hill and down into that left hander,1 wheel in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hotdc2
14-11-2009, 09:22 PM
we might be able to get it done.. but it cant be one of those days when half the people who said they were gunna come dont come. we'd probably need deposits.

beeza
14-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Is that a possability?

EvoCivic
15-11-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm trying to decide if you guys are being even the tiniest bit serious.
The Mount Panorama circuit is a public road (the whole thing, not just half of it) and can be driven on any day of the week (at the speed limit of course).
The council allow it to be closed a certain number of days a year for motorsport. There is the Bathurst 1000 of course and the Bathurst Light Car Club runs a hillclimb and sprint in early December and often a hillclimb at Easter. It's not possible for just anybody to hire the road and the rules and regulations are quite strict. If you want to drive at speed on some of the circuit we will look at including the hillclimbs in the calendar next year (it's too late to get into this year's one).

beeza
15-11-2009, 04:36 PM
O,yes,very serious :)

EvoCivic
19-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Sounds like a few people are interested in motorkhanas. There is one coming up in a couple of weeks (21st November) at Ansell Park, Persival St Richmond (opposite the RAAF base). It's a dirt 'khana so cars tend to get a little dusty. It might be a good opportunity for some of you to at least come and have a look to see what they are all about. I'm going to try to get there with It (people in the HCC know what It is).

I'm not going to be able to make it to this 'khana but I will definitely get back into them next year.

Limbo
23-11-2009, 12:13 PM
hmmm
last outdoor cinema was good, even though i came late and missed the meet ;)

Deb
04-12-2009, 06:28 AM
Hey Beeza,
Sorry for the late reply, but I have been out of action for a bit.
Evocivic is right...there is a Hillclimb and Conrod Straight sprint that is held in early December (held over a weekend).
They call it the Bathurst Speed Weekend and it is run by the Bathurst Light Car Club (which has their headquarters in a building on the track...just below Forrest Elbow if memory serves).
It is actually being held this weekend.....too late to enter, but if you are able to go and have a look it might get you enthusiastic for next year!
Cheers, Deb :D

Timmy_B
10-12-2009, 11:16 AM
hmm
*Track days
*Lunch/BBQs
*meet and greets
*skid pads
*Photo shoots
*cruises to places (country and city)
*JDM show and shine
*Fundraisers.

joe.teg
20-12-2009, 03:40 PM
track days and legal hill climb events would be awsome. Also up for crusing, and social events

nikolaz01
28-02-2010, 07:12 AM
hmm
*Track days
*Lunch/BBQs
*meet and greets
*skid pads
*Photo shoots
*cruises to places (country and city)
*JDM show and shine
*Fundraisers.

+1 well said, more of these will be great something that involves nice food and views im there.

deanos
09-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Track days and Cruises/Meet Up's would be awesome.

EG9
09-06-2010, 12:29 PM
motorkhanas, skid pans, advanced driver training days

that would be an awesome start

pity this is for NSW

For anyone interested....

Honda Car Club of Victoria

info@hccv.org.au

www.hccv.org.au

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk122/slimey_limey/HCCV/HCCV.jpg