PDA

View Full Version : HID lights on stock eg headlight housing

VTC-8OY
22-10-2009, 01:15 AM
ok so i bought a h4 hid kit hi/lo and put them in my eg civic with stock housing.. like i kinda already knew it wasnt such a good idea but i thought id try anyway, now the thing is the light output doesnt seem that good or maybe coz i havent properly adjusted the angling yet.. but jus wondering if anyone here have same setup with really good results?? also i noticed when i turn the highbeams on they dont beam high instead they go inwards... anyway any pics also would b good?

cheersssss

curtis265
22-10-2009, 02:00 AM
wut? HB's go inward???

I'm not familiar with EG's at all, but HID's take time to charge up, so putting them on your high beams is totally useless.

Unless of course, your hb/lb is the same bulb... then i have no idea!

I reckon u reallllly want projectors.

VTC-8OY
22-10-2009, 03:03 AM
yes, h4 hi/lo hid is on the same bulb.. ive had hids in all my cars but this the first time ive put hids in oem lights.. its jus wierd wen i turn it to highbeam, instead it points inwards going down instead of going up..

i had projectors in my previous eg with hids n they wer heaps bright but i lost my parkers n didnt have highbeam since the projectors i was using was made for h3 bulbs. but i really wana keep my parkies n highbeam dis time so i wanted to stick wid the stock housing

Boban
22-10-2009, 07:51 AM
why don't you get some black housing headlights from ebay they got a clear lense and with the hid the light s heaps better, Same bulb size as oem so you get the hi/lo as well as parkies

My h4 hid's do the same thing, when i switch it on the hi beams it bulls the bulb inwards instead of turning on another filament like in the normal h4 bulbs:?:

4age8u
22-10-2009, 08:53 AM
well it is called HI BEAM so it should point up..ive got 8000k low beam on my eg and i just have to wind it down

altong0840
22-10-2009, 12:01 PM
better to get the black housing(still H4) or the projector(H1), they will give u a good result

eeKayFouR
22-10-2009, 12:57 PM
I've got H4 Hi/Lo HID's in my stock reflectors (EK) and I think they're pretty good results considering the shotty light output I was getting from halogens. Thing is, since they're in reflectors they produce so much glare and the light spread is real patchy.. Ideally, if you want to run HID's they should be put with projectors! That way you will get a clean cut-off with less glare and no patchy spots :thumbsup:. Anyway, here's some pics of my HID's in reflectors (I'm too povo for projectors);

LO
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh120/AznTypeR/P280809_1755.jpg

HI
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh120/AznTypeR/P280809_1754.jpg

I think I see what you mean by hi-beams going inwards haha but they're still going up :zip: