PDA

View Full Version : Noise form my EG front bottom LH side

altong0840
22-10-2009, 11:58 AM
hi everyone, recently i heard some strange scrape sound form my passenger side bottm, it appear when i braking and run about 10-20km, but when i runs like 50-60km/h, the sound disappear, i changed the brake pad already, but it still appear, so wt would it be?? thz~

SHOGUNOVDDRK
22-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Lowered?

Check your splash guards man.

altong0840
22-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Lowered?

Check your splash guards man.

not a really low~ i changed the DC2R suspenion only

blommer
24-10-2009, 05:50 AM
check if it's your inner or outer CV joints that is playing up on ya..

full lock the steering to full left and take a good look to see if the cv boots on the inner and outer joints on the driveshaft have busted or not.

Alternatively, u can try doing very low speed u-turns, full-locking your steering wheel and see if the noise is still there or not.

However if it's like a occassional sharp scraping noise coming from there, it might be worn wheel-hub bearings.

my 2cents

altong0840
24-10-2009, 02:07 PM
check if it's your inner or outer CV joints that is playing up on ya..

full lock the steering to full left and take a good look to see if the cv boots on the inner and outer joints on the driveshaft have busted or not.

Alternatively, u can try doing very low speed u-turns, full-locking your steering wheel and see if the noise is still there or not.

However if it's like a occassional sharp scraping noise coming from there, it might be worn wheel-hub bearings.

my 2cents

when i did slow u turn i heard the slow but loud scraping noise

chowdaa
25-10-2009, 12:49 AM
hi everyone, recently i heard some strange scrape sound form my passenger side bottm, it appear when i braking and run about 10-20km, but when i runs like 50-60km/h, the sound disappear, i changed the brake pad already, but it still appear, so wt would it be?? thz~

depends if it is a hollow plastic scrape, inspect inner gaurd lining for security and wear marks and the lip on your gaurds for rubber/tyre.
if is is slightly metallic, Check all underbody suspension for abnormalities and drive belt area for foreign matter.
report back with diagnosis:)

regards,
michael

altong0840
25-10-2009, 10:19 AM
depends if it is a hollow plastic scrape, inspect inner gaurd lining for security and wear marks and the lip on your gaurds for rubber/tyre.
if is is slightly metallic, Check all underbody suspension for abnormalities and drive belt area for foreign matter.
report back with diagnosis:)

regards,
michael

tyre/ rubber seems no scrape at all, i will jack up the car and have a look this afternoon and report back asap

altong0840
25-10-2009, 01:14 PM
just discover that the inner and outer boot seems fine, no leak, but one side of the cv joint worning out, and test drive for the noise, first 1km no noise, after 1 km, the noise appear and become louder and louder,