PDA

View Full Version : Issues with my EP3

Ozluder
22-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Just got my EP3 a couple of weeks ago and have found the following issues:

1. Low fuel indicator has been on for at least 50kms and the needle is almost below the empty line, yet when I goto to fill up the car i'm only able to fill up 35 litres. I expected at least 40 given that it's a 50 litre tank. I tried repositioning the fuel nozzle a number of times and it still kept clicking. So initially I thought that the tank was full. When I got back into the car and started it up, the fuel needle only went up 3/4 of the way. Have tried different service stations thinking it may have been the pump but still the same result. Since purchasing the car, I've never seen the fuel needle goto full. :confused:

2. Both driver and passenger windows rattle when going over bumpy roads. Is this normal?

3. The lever to let the backrest of the recaros forward, have fallen off on the outer side of the seats. The levers on the inside of the seats are still in place for now. Not sure how they fell off, was like this when I bought the car. Does anyone know if these levers can be purchased from somewhere? Will take a pic and post it up tomorrow.

4. Chrome part on the release button of the hand brake is peeling. Can this be replaced?

Any comments to assist with the above issues would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mugen_B16B
22-10-2009, 10:09 PM
1. you might have a smaller tank, maybe in japan they used this as a race car and installed a smaller tank to save weight

2. same issue with my car, noises everywhere under the door trims and windows, just gotto tighten up bolts for the window holder thing, but not much u can do just dont put ur windows half way or else they will rattle like fk

3. mine also feel off but i glued them back in, u could prob try and order some from recaro or ebay and hope for the best

4. just repaint it chrome, or cf trim on top

Ozluder
22-10-2009, 11:42 PM
1. you might have a smaller tank, maybe in japan they used this as a race car and installed a smaller tank to save weight

2. same issue with my car, noises everywhere under the door trims and windows, just gotto tighten up bolts for the window holder thing, but not much u can do just dont put ur windows half way or else they will rattle like fk

3. mine also feel off but i glued them back in, u could prob try and order some from recaro or ebay and hope for the best

4. just repaint it chrome, or cf trim on top
Thanks.

1. That sucks. I'll check it out and if it is a 40 litre tank. Guess i'll try and source a 50 litre tank from somewhere.
2. Will try and tighten everything up when I replace the speakers.
3. Yeah will contact some of the authorised recaro dealers.
4. Might just try and get one off ebay.

Thanks for the feedback

egads
23-10-2009, 12:43 AM
so you are missing both outside levers for the seats? i have one if you need it

edit - theres a set of numbers on the actual lever (part no. perhaps?) it is 565695A

Ozluder
23-10-2009, 09:05 AM
so you are missing both outside levers for the seats? i have one if you need it

edit - theres a set of numbers on the actual lever (part no. perhaps?) it is 565695A

Yeah both are missing. Same part number. I've attached a pic below.

If you don't need the lever i'll take it off your hands:thumbsup:

aaronng
23-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Check your fuel level sensor in the fuel tank as well. It should be just behind or under the rear seat underneath the carpet.

Ozluder
23-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Check your fuel level sensor in the fuel tank as well. It should be just behind or under the rear seat underneath the carpet.

Thanks. Will get my mechanic to have a look at that this weekend.

Jibz
24-10-2009, 05:59 PM
The windows rattling, from what I gather, is a design flaw in our cars by Honda and not an indication of wear or anything like that. It's a shame really but you should be able to open the windows an inch or so without MOST of the rattling. (Either that or fully open/closed).

You'll get used to it in time ;)

The fuel sensor seems a little more serious, definitely check that out.

Look out for a few other areas that have been problematic for our cars, such as the steering rack squeaks that come up from time to time. To remedy this, I removed the metallic clasp on the steering boots (behind the engine) pulled back the rubber boot and applied large amounts of grease to that area.

Make sure to turn the steering from side to side so you can really get it in there. For me, I only had to do the drivers side. Put the boot back in position and secure it with a zip tie. Of course, there is no need to do this if the problem hasn't manifested yet, but something to keep in mind for if it does happen!

Jibz

denrie
24-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Yeah, my EP3 windows rattle aswell on both sides. I guess that is normal in our cars. My chrome bit on my handbrake isn't peeling off. How is the car besides all that? Liking it?

Ozluder
24-10-2009, 08:01 PM
The windows rattling, from what I gather, is a design flaw in our cars by Honda and not an indication of wear or anything like that. It's a shame really but you should be able to open the windows an inch or so without MOST of the rattling. (Either that or fully open/closed).

You'll get used to it in time ;)

The fuel sensor seems a little more serious, definitely check that out.

Look out for a few other areas that have been problematic for our cars, such as the steering rack squeaks that come up from time to time. To remedy this, I removed the metallic clasp on the steering boots (behind the engine) pulled back the rubber boot and applied large amounts of grease to that area.

Make sure to turn the steering from side to side so you can really get it in there. For me, I only had to do the drivers side. Put the boot back in position and secure it with a zip tie. Of course, there is no need to do this if the problem hasn't manifested yet, but something to keep in mind for if it does happen!

Jibz
I'm hoping i'll get used to the rattles over time. It really shits me at the moment.

The steering rack squeaks occur on my car as well. At least I know how to fix this issue. Thanks

Ozluder
24-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Overall, i'm pretty happy with the car. Just a few niggling issues that need to be fixed. Then all is perfect.

Mugen_B16B
25-10-2009, 04:36 PM
ill be doin another diy steering rack fix soon, i did mine 3-4 months back but i didnt lube and greese it enough, but it fixed the problem well but starting to get minor squeaks so gonna do it again, ill do a wirte up and pics so u fellas and see