PDA

View Full Version : Next car, EG or Corolla Sx

jesmine0
23-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Hi guys, recently I had been looking around for a second family car with four door, ac, ps and cheap.

The reason for second car is that i am driving EK hatch with engine conversion and ac deleted. The car had only 2 dr and the exhaust is damn loud, plus the heat generated when driving is so uncomfortable. when the car is fully loaded (with 5 ppl) the tyres just rubbing the guard on ery corner. Thus, I had make the decision of getting a cheap 4 dr car with ac n reliability for daily driving and take the ek as weekend car.

So, after been searching a while and decided to go with these two model.
1. 89-92 Corolla SX 1.6 sedan, 100kw 4age, fwd and price range ~ 1.5k-2k
kerb weight 1070kg
2. 92-94 Civic EG, 1.5GL sedan, 74kw, fwd and price range ~2.5-3k
kerb weight 1012kg
or may be 1.6 SI, sedan, 96kw, fwd and price range 3k.

I tried once on my friend supercharge 4age. they actually pretty good in driving.

which one do you guys recommended? I like honda but thinking of try something different like high rev engine from toyota 4age.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
23-10-2009, 01:02 AM
You'll get more for your money with a Toyota.

jesmine0
23-10-2009, 01:06 AM
yeah. tats true.

also, corolla is else where. i can sort any parts easily with cheap cheap price. the only thing i dun like is their shape and interior is uncomparable with civic.

dougie_504
23-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Honestly if you don't have your heart into Hondas then get the corolla.

They're more reliable, tougher, cheaper and easier to source parts for, easier to work on.

The corolla SX is the twin cam engine that they released yeah? That's a bloody fantastic engine bro. Will crap on the 1.5 EG or 1.6 VTi. It'll probably outstrip the SI with the DOHC 96kw engine too.

So go with Toyota. Better value!

AE092
23-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Interior isn't too bad I would say. At least if you decide to replace the interior dash lights and find one with non torn trim/driver seat then you've got yourself a good example. They even came with an oil pressure gauge and ammeter as below.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2zsxpfk.jpg

And yeh, it came with the DOHC 4AGE. Series 2 (GTi) had bigger brakes ect.

jesmine0
24-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Interior isn't too bad I would say. At least if you decide to replace the interior dash lights and find one with non torn trim/driver seat then you've got yourself a good example. They even came with an oil pressure gauge and ammeter as below.

And yeh, it came with the DOHC 4AGE. Series 2 (GTi) had bigger brakes ect.

Nice car tat you drive :D

Not thinking of any mod the car. spend too much on my EK. so gonna save on this one now :P

talk to a Corolla SX seller this morning which selling at 1.5k. however, the gearbox is shit with no 1st n 2nd gear. so wil need to try my luck on the next SX.

grifty
24-10-2009, 09:20 AM
try checking out www.rollaclub.com there might be a few for sale there

jesmine0
25-10-2009, 10:59 AM
try checking out www.rollaclub.com there might be a few for sale there

Thanks. I actually joined them while ago. they had some nice car for sale but too bad it wasn't in WA.

contacted another guy selling sx. he tolds that the car had been garaged for over a yr now. Not sure if still driveable. need to check the conditions first.

still checking on some nice n reasonable price of EG.