PDA

View Full Version : air con and F***** smithfield wreckers RIP OFF dont go there!!!!!

turtle187
23-10-2009, 01:12 AM
hey guys,

i just got jipped 200 bux from wreckers in smithfield, fukas sold me a d series aircon compressor and hoses, so compressors are different and hoses are too short,
i car had a swap to b series which my car originally had a d series engine, after the swap i realized i need aircon badly,
its got everything there except for the belt, compressors there but most probably contaminated, and hoses are too short because they were originally for d series,
do you guys think i need anything else changed?

SHOGUNOVDDRK
23-10-2009, 01:20 AM
You can't publicly name which company 'ripped you off'.

When purchasing the kit did you mention the car has a B-series? (just checking)

If it is the case (you told them) they ****ed your order up, go back to them and calmly explain you need A/C for a B-series, provide receipt and ye shall profit.

turtle187
23-10-2009, 01:25 AM
You can't publicly name which company 'ripped you off'.

When purchasing the kit did you mention the car has a B-series? (just checking)

If it is the case (you told them) they ****ed your order up, go back to them and calmly explain you need A/C for a B-series, provide receipt and ye shall profit.

hey dude, yeah i clearly told the fags what i wanted they even looked at my engine to make sure, i went back there today and they said i cant get a refund, they just gave me credit??? so if i need sumfing from there which i dont, i come back and i can get 200 bux worth,
what kinda bs is that man,
i had the receipt and everything

if u guys wanna noe which wreckers pm me

hotdc2
23-10-2009, 01:28 AM
why wouldn't you just use the credit for $200 worth of bseries aircon parts?

SHOGUNOVDDRK
I assume they had nothing in stock, gay, hard.

oh well, good luck on getting A/C

turtle187
why wouldn't you just use the credit for $200 worth of bseries aircon parts?

i did but they didnt hav it and they didnt want to return any money to me

hotdc2
23-10-2009, 01:40 AM
So sell the credit to someone on here. I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who would like to purchase something from the particular wreckers you're talking about. Just because it is inconvenient for you doesn't mean they ripped you off and people should never go there.. it sounds like they effectively gave you your money back anyway. allbeit in the form of a credit..

dreamshifter
23-10-2009, 07:23 AM
You're entitled to a refund, demand one regardless of what they say. You only have to accept credit in the case that you change your mind.

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Consumers/Refunds_and_warranties.html

Consumers may ask for a refund if the goods purchased:

-have a basic, serious fault that was not known by the consumer at the time of purchase
-do not do the job that the consumer was led to believe they would do
-do not match the sample the consumer was shown, or
-do not fit their description.

simonnowis
23-10-2009, 07:53 AM
i think i know which wreckers, but most likely they charge alot more for the bseries.

bennjamin
23-10-2009, 08:12 AM
wait.....

you got sold the wrong thing - but can give the shit back and get a credit ?

You didnt get ripped off. Calm down stop stating such mis info and go print out the info above -

You're entitled to a refund, demand one regardless of what they say. You only have to accept credit in the case that you change your mind.

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Co...arranties.html

-have a basic, serious fault that was not known by the consumer at the time of purchase

They should drop everything stating this. And do what YOU want.

mocchi
23-10-2009, 08:56 AM
wait.....

you got sold the wrong thing - but can give the shit back and get a credit ?

You didnt get ripped off. Calm down stop stating such mis info and go print out the info above -

They should drop everything stating this. And do what YOU want.

anyone might have a link to victorian one?

thanks for the help.

edit: dw i got it (http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/CA256EB5000644CE/HomePage?ReadForm&1=Home~&2=~&3=~)

wynode
23-10-2009, 08:58 AM

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Consumers/Refunds_and_warranties.html

Good man posting that link! :thumbsup:

Just want to emphasise the 'may' part of the above though (ie it doesn't say 'entitled').

Here's the full lot quote:

When are consumers entitled to a refund?

The goods consumers purchase must be of merchantable quality. Goods and services supplied to consumers must also be reasonably fit for any particular purpose made known by the consumer to the supplier except where the consumer does not rely, or it is unreasonable for the consumer to rely, on the skill or judgement of the supplier.

have a basic, serious fault that was not known by the consumer at the time of purchase
do not do the job that the consumer was led to believe they would do
do not match the sample the consumer was shown, or
do not fit their description.

Consumers and traders may negotiate other solutions such as a repair or replacement but under these circumstances a consumer has a legal right to cancel a contract (rescind) and receive a refund if there is a breach of that contract.
Where a dispute arises between a consumer and a trader, the Office of Fair Trading can negotiate with the parties to achieve an acceptable solution. However, Fair Trading is unable to direct the parties to a particular course of action. Only a court or tribunal is empowered to make a determination in such circumstances.
IMO if I wasn't going to go there again....I'd ask for my $$$ back if i clearly told them what I wanted and they gave me something else. Even more so if they didn't have what I was after coming back. From their point of view a credit is a good thing for them since they now have your cash. If you've already accepted the credit though then it's probably a bit too late to go back and demand cash :)

EDIT: Just saw the post above mine. Perhaps we should create a thread with links / info on how to resolve disputes the correct way (instead of venting frustration via threads like this)

turtle187
23-10-2009, 06:18 PM
stuff em, ive just reported them to department of fair trading, and 10 more complaints with me about the same wrecker, good luck to them

hotdc2
23-10-2009, 08:37 PM
well, That will show them!

you don't seem to realise that nothing much will come from it. DoFT will realise it was you making the repeat complaints and ignore you as you're acting like a 5yo.

But good luck with it.

Sir_vtec
23-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Not naming the business but they are located in that dead end street at Smithfield?

Dont go there. They over charge all the time. If you need the air con hose and stuff pm me. I know a wrecker which has it atm on a ITR.

joyride
23-10-2009, 11:56 PM
joe, if you need help with parts ask me and i'll help you look for some.

hotdc2
24-10-2009, 12:00 AM
When buying parts second hand try and steer clear of wreckers.. they're not helpful, not friendly, and the OP clearly had an issue with getting his money back.

Stick to the forums. Most people on here are genuine, and there are more Bseries parts on here than you can poke a stick at. Chances are it's cheaper and you could make a friend lol.

GSi_PSi
24-10-2009, 12:05 AM
i think i know which wreckers your talking about...... same thing happend to me, gave me the wrong accelleration cable (i said dc2, they gave me a DA9 integra one) tried to installed and wouldnt fit , gronks said only can be used as a credit and they didnt have the dc2 one.. never went dere again...
also my cousins just won a case against a wrecker recently..so reporting them to fair trading does work , so go for it!

~Sp33~
24-10-2009, 08:21 PM
well, That will show them!

you don't seem to realise that nothing much will come from it. DoFT will realise it was you making the repeat complaints and ignore you as you're acting like a 5yo.

But good luck with it.

It sounds like he made a complaint, and there was already another ten complaints. I don't think he went and made ten complaints.

GSi_PSi
27-10-2009, 12:32 AM
It sounds like he made a complaint, and there was already another ten complaints. I don't think he went and made ten complaints.

lmao be funny if he made 10 different complaints posing as different ppl :p

MikeyG
28-10-2009, 10:20 AM
u guys talkin about honbits ye... -.- they over charge everything.. they want 250 for ej8 engine loom -.-

seihoa
28-10-2009, 10:38 AM
or u can stand there for abit n wait for someone to buy something n sell them ur store credit?

~Sp33~
28-10-2009, 12:13 PM
u guys talkin about honbits ye... -.- they over charge everything.. They want 250 for ej8 engine loom -.-

ygwypf

lookingforboost
28-10-2009, 08:49 PM
i think thats slack as, i hope you get your money back man.... i mean if i walk into macdonalds and ask for a mc chicken and they give me a salad wrap... thats my falt and i should wear it phhhhttt its a joke bro

J_Phongsavan
31-10-2009, 05:55 AM
lol i never go there too, i always go to the one in yennora near the station, they charge me a fair price of $100 for a K20/K24 rocker cover with all gaskets and screws as a spare...

Mr_will
31-10-2009, 06:42 AM
hey guys,

i just got jipped 200 bux from wreckers in smithfield, fukas sold me a d series aircon compressor and hoses, so compressors are different and hoses are too short,
i car had a swap to b series which my car originally had a d series engine, after the swap i realized i need aircon badly,
its got everything there except for the belt, compressors there but most probably contaminated, and hoses are too short because they were originally for d series,
do you guys think i need anything else changed?

heard of defamation? don't name the place, and stop acting like a child.

wynode
31-10-2009, 01:04 PM
OP got a credit note so thread closed.