PDA

View Full Version : Hydroxy - Hydrogen Gas injection kit to increase hp/mpg

rob1000
23-10-2009, 07:04 AM
Very interesting DIY kits to inject hydrogen gas into your air filter/box to greatly increase fuel burn because hydrogen gas burns higher temp than petrol gas. Means much cleaner emissions, greater MPG and increased HP. (think i remember it being 90% burn instead of 65%). Basically the kits will use electrolysis of water (h2o), powered by the excess power coming from your alternator, to create hydrogen which is fed into your air filter.

People have actually created cars running purely on hydrogen using this method but never get anywhere because big oil isn't happy. The reason why all *these* projects keep going is because they are Open source. Soon as someone makes it commercial they are bought by a supermegacorp and shutdown. Keeping it DIY and open source is the way to go :)

Can be used on petrol or diesel engines

here is an example kit, claims 2-8 hour DIY. This site sells plenty of stuff.

http://www.hhokitstore.com/Hydrogen.Boost/c2/p9/20.lph.Hydrogen.Boost.System.for.Gasoline.Engines/product_info.html

for all the theory on how the system works read this. Its a massive PDF but well worth reading from it.
http://www.panaceauniversity.org/Hydroxy%20Boosters.pdf

I'll be working with my brother on installing either one of these kits (or one we make) into a 1.8 1999 toyota Corolla. If all goes well i might try it in my EK :) will let you know how it goes

aaronng
23-10-2009, 07:42 AM
Lots of debate on this hydroxy gas on the forums previously, but no one ever tried it. So you'll be the first. Remember to post up a review, and if possible, a DIY article! :thumbsup:

rob1000
23-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Cool no problem. We won't be doing the install till december but will definately take photos and detail how it goes

kraiye
25-10-2009, 09:08 AM
i've got a half built home made hho gen in my garage. was gonna put it on my EK1... till i sold the car.
too scared to hook it up to my built B16. lol

good luck and keep us informed. i for one am very keen to hear more

kccord
28-10-2009, 01:16 AM
sounds like one of those 'electric supercharger' or 'vortex' "increases HP and mpg.

I just wasted a good 6.14mb of my internet looking at the 326pages of pdf saying the same shit over and over. In reality it's not practical and getting 1hp or 1km extra isn't much of an interest. Also, you haven't seen how slow and boring is electrolysis process esp using an alternator. + design shows that you will suck in water from the bubbler when you rev the engine (under high vac).

It's another '3rd year uni project thing'

Best way: loose weight from you car and don't be a heavy footed.

No Offence.

kraiye
28-10-2009, 06:58 AM
In reality it's not practical and getting 1hp or 1km extra isn't much of an interest. Also, you haven't seen how slow and boring is electrolysis process esp using an alternator. + design shows that you will suck in water from the bubbler when you rev the engine (under high vac).

not getting agro here but who's talking about just 1hp or 1km extra? and what does boring have to do with it? i'm sure these ppl don't watch their HHO gen while they're driving :)

it's true about some designs sucking in water under high vacuum but of course there are solutions and ways around it. i do agree it's not particularly beneficial for 'heavy feet' but i'm sure it is for cruising/highway driving - as long as the tune is adjusted accordingly of course.

i say just do it. if it works, fantastic and if it blows it'll be a pricey but fun learning experience :thumbsup: and what's learning without expermentation?

e240
28-10-2009, 08:33 AM
"Delivers upwards of 20 liters of oxyhydrogen per hour "

huh? That sounds sooooo little its almost neligible...
Thats like 333ml per minute and I'm sure your engine burns through more air than that..
The system will probably run out of puff...so to speak..

"Your car or truck will run leaner,"

Engine goes BOOOM! LOL

kraiye
28-10-2009, 10:27 AM
it's not meant to replace the engines air intake, rather it adds a small amount of highly flammable gass - kind of like NO5.

the engine runs 'leaner' in terms of the amount of petrol being burnt but the missing petrol is replaced with browns gass. this is where it's important to get the tune right.