PDA

View Full Version : Lowered Jazz

VT1500
23-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Hi everybody, this is my first time I have been on to your forum, so I hope this the way to do things. I have owned my Jazz Vti-s for a couple of years now, I have recently fitted some 17" wheels to it, what I am now trying to figure out is what to do regarding lowering it.
I have recently purchased some Eibach Springs (4069.140) from America to suit it with a suggested drop in ride height of Front 1.6" and Rear 1.3", but after installing them I found that the Rear has dropped by 2" and the Front only by about 3/4", therefore making birds and possums nervous in trees while driving at night, I have cut the Front Bump Stops by 1" as was suggested by Eibach.
I am wondering if anyone else has had this sort of problem. I have since removed these springs and refitted to Factory Ones.

BRU51N
23-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi everybody, this is my first time I have been on to your forum, so I hope this the way to do things. I have owned my Jazz Vti-s for a couple of years now, I have recently fitted some 17" wheels to it, what I am now trying to figure out is what to do regarding lowering it.
I have recently purchased some Eibach Springs (4069.140) from America to suit it with a suggested drop in ride height of Front 1.6" and Rear 1.3", but after installing them I found that the Rear has dropped by 2" and the Front only by about 3/4", therefore making birds and possums nervous in trees while driving at night, I have cut the Front Bump Stops by 1" as was suggested by Eibach.
I am wondering if anyone else has had this sort of problem. I have since removed these springs and refitted to Factory Ones.

front and rears fit on accordingly or not? maybe you fitted the rears at the front and fronts at the rears?

VT1500
23-10-2009, 05:24 PM
No, I certainly made sure the rears went to the rear and the fronts to where they should have gone, also the top windings are different so the rear wont fit to the front, its very strange indeed.http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

egSi
23-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Shit. Contacted the seller you got them from?

All part numbers (front to rear) correct I guess?

VT1500
23-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Yes have had code numbers checked and they assure me they are correct, I am wondering if anyone else out there has had the same problem when fitting the Eibach Prokit as there is a few people selling the same ones as I have on Ebay, the Code Number for my kit is 4069.140, to suit a 07 Jazz(fit), the whole problem I have is that the front is still too high and the rear looks like its got 200kg in the back of it, turning it into a bird and possum detector.

kongfu
23-10-2009, 09:38 PM
if you bought from JDMYARD which is local business you will have some after sales support but unfortunately if you bought from ebay..nothing you can do about it.

egSi
25-10-2009, 09:35 AM
That sucks man :thumbdwn:

Its dodgy but could you reset the fronts to suit the rear?

VT1500
25-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Yes have given that some thought, but also considering forgetting about the Eibach's and maybe putting some Tein S-tech instead as they are quoting a drop Front 1.8" and Rear 1.2" and this is really what I am looking at doing for my car, as I have 17" PDW Nova wheels on it and it needs to be dropped, I would post some pictures but not sure how to do that. Any ideas?

Stig
26-10-2009, 01:20 PM
the suggested drop for springs is only "suggested", every car will drop differently. i had eibach sportlines on my car and the suggested drop was 1.8". i had uneven drop all around, the right side dropped more than the left and the front dropped less than the rear. i gave up with springs and went with coils instead.

preludacris
26-10-2009, 03:02 PM
interesting.... i was considering purchasing some eibach springs for jazz on ebay too. this makes me have 2nd thoughts though. I liked the idea of a progressive spring over the teins which are linear.

VT1500
26-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Yes i know that its a suggested drop in height, but when something suggests a Rear drop of, 1.3" only to fit them and straight away they are 2"+ dropped, yet the front seriously came down at the most 3/4", not near their claimed 1.6" its a big difference.

VT1500
26-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Yes I do not know whether I got a dodge set of springs, but the Eibachs I bought did come from the US, ProKit Number 4069.140, hope this can be of help, there is also other Numbers on the Springs F 4069.001 / 250653 and the Rear 4069.002 / 213245 to check out, as I said maybe I got a bad set and thats all.

vinnY
03-11-2009, 01:21 AM
when you sit the corresponding front and rear springs next to each other, do they differ in height at all?
had eibach's before, drop was more than suggested but the drop was even front and rear

VT1500
03-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Hi vinnY,
I have sat the springs side by side, yes the Front is and looks like the same height, the Rear is Progressive and the Front is Not, I am going to have the Front reset 1" lower, as the quoted drop was supposed to be 1.6"(not 1/2"), Rear was 1.3"(but ended up with 2"+), making the car scare possums and birds at night whilst driving lol.