PDA

View Full Version : dogey paintjob

paps02
24-10-2009, 02:04 PM
just got my brothers delsol back from the panel shop, new bc body kit and full respray... paint looks at a glance

but if u get up to it CLOSE you notice little white specs all throughout. also the texture is a bit rough. and even with a few layers of polish we cant get that soft smooth finish like when we polish my car... why?

could it be that the painters havnt finished the job?? or is it just the type of paint maybe??

phantom_civic
24-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Sounds like your brothers car has paint over spray.
Try and use a claybar and see if that helps.

paps02
24-10-2009, 02:08 PM
?? wats that mean?

bottom half of the car is smooth as. but bonnet, quarters, roof, and boot, are a bit on the rough side

SHU-ES1
24-10-2009, 02:08 PM
give the car a full clay bar treatment, and take it from there? it helped me get the roughness out of my paint from the previous owners years of neglect.

beeza
24-10-2009, 02:09 PM
+1 4 Claybar!

hisoka
24-10-2009, 02:14 PM
take it back and tell them what your not happy with~**** claybaring, get them to do it.

beeza
24-10-2009, 02:29 PM
True true.

Depends how you feel about it.

Sometimes I cbf taking my car back if I can fix it quickly..

BUT usually I do :)

hisoka
24-10-2009, 02:40 PM
yeah actually now that i think about it, just claybar a bit and see if it works. if not go back and get them to do super cut and polish or something

beeza
24-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Haha,classic.We thought the same thing just the opposite.It all depends on ya mood,how ya feel about it aye :)

hisoka
24-10-2009, 02:58 PM
well yeah cause a proper wash and claybar and polish etc takes quite some time. lol. and patience

beeza
24-10-2009, 04:23 PM
haha yeah,just a claybar is enough

paps02
25-10-2009, 12:16 PM
yer and a cutnpolish fukn gives cramps to fingers,hands and arms.

dunno. my brother is over it atm so he dosnt really care as he hasnt had his car for so long. now its finally back so all patientce is gone

sangyz
25-10-2009, 02:16 PM
They probably over sprayed the Clear coat and which caused all that. take it back to them they should be able to fix it.

90LAN
25-10-2009, 04:32 PM
shit hey
business doing dodgy jobs no way

take it back to get a polish

paps02
25-10-2009, 06:44 PM
if i polish it any more itl start lifting paint!!! definently not getting any where neear as smooth as it should. definently taking it back.

Chriskoss
26-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Bring it back, you paid for the job, you didnt get a good job, stop whinging on Ozhonda and do something about it
*aimed at your bro not you*

hisoka
26-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Bring it back, you paid for the job, you didnt get a good job, stop whinging on Ozhonda and do something about it

how is he whinging, he asked valid questions . he didnt have a sook or anything, doesnt sound like his brother did either.

any updates

paps02
26-10-2009, 09:01 PM
no updates yet mate. i got wednesday thursday friday off work so might take the car back and tell them we dont like.

noob

Chriskoss
26-10-2009, 11:58 PM
no updates yet mate. i got wednesday thursday friday off work so might take the car back and tell them we dont like.

noob

sweet call bro, noob in what way

st00ge

hisoka
27-10-2009, 12:02 AM
sweet call bro, noob in what way

st00ge

he said he was going to take it back to the paint shop then you made this retarded comment. suggesting his whinging on ozhonda, then aiming it as his bro, who btw isnt even on ozhonda. he made this thread up so he can decide what to do about it, you suggested at the end of your comment to do something about it.

T1TAN
27-10-2009, 08:02 AM
It all depends on the skill of the painter. If hes a noob he will not know the perfection to his technique, unlike those who have sprayed cars for years and years.

A good way to tell if it was sprayed by rookie is paint comes off little rough and will require cut and buff but buffing machine.

If the mixture of thiners/clear/paint was perfect and was sprayed by someone who has done so for years and years it will be like glass straight from the gun without having to need any buffing/cutting.

Take it back and tell them to do it properly, no ifs and buts.