PDA

View Full Version : Mugen style body kits

jfaust
24-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Wondering if anyone has purchased a mugen style body kit from musecret in straithfield? I know its not the genuine kit but if its a replica kit what difference does it make in looks?

Just checking if anyone has bought a replica mugen kit and if it fits well

Darkii_
24-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Haven't bought a replica kit myself, but they seem to look the same as the real thing. Only difference is the material used and the fitment isn't always 100%, some people seemed to fit good, others said otherwise.

Guess it's a risk you take in saving money!

m_euro
24-10-2009, 08:17 PM
how much is the replica selling for?

kimnkk
24-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Would love to know of places that sell replica kits. Anyone know of how much a genuine Euro-R or OEM kit goes for through Honda Aus anyway (for 03-05)?

I know of Carmate, Talon and Jetspeed. I've heard of people saying to avoid Carmate and Jetspeed but haven't really seen any photos of their workmanship.

A member here got Talon and seem okay (seemed like good fit and paint) but they're fibreglass kits :(

Darkii_
24-10-2009, 09:01 PM
I don't think Honda Australia gets parts for the 03-05 Honda Euro-R as it wasn't ever sold here, they can get the 06-07 Euro-r kit but as it's known as the Euro sports bodykit here.

Coming from Honda except to pay top dollar for the stuff, i remember asking about the front lip and i was quoted like 800+ just for the front lol...

jfaust
25-10-2009, 11:44 AM
go to this website. musecret.com.au they are selling replica bodykits there. $950 for the whole kit incl. front lip, side skirts and rear bumper. doesnt incl. painting and fitting of course....

wat u guys thinks?

[ IV 23 VI ]
25-10-2009, 01:11 PM
I think that is so low of musecret to be selling replica parts...
It just shows how low they will go to make a buck!

Replica parts are so crap in Australia, the only ones that make it here from overseas are the really low quality ones..