PDA

View Full Version : 18s on stock accord.. wat u reckon?

lengjaiboy
19-11-2004, 08:28 PM
Man.. just got da worse email of my life.. carmate.. da bastards.. just called and told me that my bodykit wont be arriving for anotha 3 months..
and that's after a 4-6 week wait already.. which they originally told me it would take.. it would be 6 weeks exactly 2dai.. yes i put it into my diary.. sad me.. i was actualli so excited.. and anticipated dat everything would be fine.. that i posted in another thread that 'my car is in da shop'.. coz i figured.. yeh.. should be in a few weeks.. but fark.. pretti bs that dey screwed me over..
i already put a deposit and everything too.. i can get it back.. but yeh.. *sigh* i dunno..
but anyway.. that's anotha thread.. :(

Now my dilemma is.. i've saved up a few grand in anticipation of da kit arriving.. enough for a respray and a nice set of wheels.. i was hoping to get it all done in one go.. *sigh sigh sigh*
now i'm thinking i'll go mags first..
i wanna get da HR racing 125s.. like on my avatar.. 18inch.. do u think it will look realli weird if i dont have a kit and rollin on 18s? it'll be lowered a little of course... :D
i've seen a few stock cars on 18s.. and dey look mad.. but den i'm haunted by da memory of one s14 i saw many years ago.. that had 18s.. and looked like a monster truck.. :eek:

Type R Positive
19-11-2004, 08:39 PM
Who cares man about lookin weird. Do it now, you won't feel so bad spending all your hard earned cash at once on the kit, respray and mags.

Have you tried anywhere else for the kit you want? All it takes is a few phone calls.

lengjaiboy
19-11-2004, 08:45 PM
yeh i tried sinex.. they told me to wait 2 months.. and carmate told me 4-6 weeks.. kit was da same.. i'm just a stupid little kid.. wat was i to think.. :(

razaman
19-11-2004, 09:07 PM
What color is you accord? It's a 97 as in your small profile?

Just make sure you lower you car!! You'll need a good 2 inch drop to pull off the 18's. And make sure they are lightweight wheels.

Otherwise sweet as!

Raz

sugapopcandy
19-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Is this the same carmate that is in Syd? If so get your money back, their stuff is fully dodgy.

lengjaiboy
19-11-2004, 10:35 PM
yeh its carmate in syd.. my cuz is buying me da kit for xmas.. so ummz.. dam.. dodgy is it? how comez?
if its dat bad.. i'll probalby hafta get him to get back da deposit.. and send da 1k str8 to me instead... lol
i'll see wat i can find in melbz..

lengjaiboy
19-11-2004, 10:37 PM
What color is you accord? It's a 97 as in your small profile?

Just make sure you lower you car!! You'll need a good 2 inch drop to pull off the 18's. And make sure they are lightweight wheels.

Otherwise sweet as!

Raz

yeh its the 4 stud accord.. 96-97 series..

and umm.. i think those HRs are lightweight wheels.. i dunno.. i just think dey look realli sweet... :D

28RAG
20-11-2004, 10:12 AM
carmates useless, ive heard heaps of people having to wait months for their kits.

my cars stock exterior with 18" white rims on lowered springs. Check it out in the appearance gallery

lengjaiboy
20-11-2004, 05:19 PM
carmates useless, ive heard heaps of people having to wait months for their kits.

my cars stock exterior with 18" white rims on lowered springs. Check it out in the appearance gallery

hmmm.. gotta take a look den..
wat sorta suspension set up u got there?

lengjaiboy
20-11-2004, 05:26 PM
oh 28RAG! dat looks sweet man! love da interior.. u gonna respray it blue so it matches up?
that's it.. i'm gettin 18s n king springs put on next weekend! :D

will_pop
20-11-2004, 06:59 PM
hah i got G-Games 77s 18x7.5... wif pirelli P-zero tyres brand new...

but damm u brought rims already keke....

poid
22-11-2004, 05:15 PM
as long as its lowered it'll look nice, dont worry :)

Dominik
22-11-2004, 09:55 PM
Haha, or you can do like me and get rims before lowering... D'oh! It looked pretty ridiculous; but at least it motivated me to do the lowering!

lengjaiboy
23-11-2004, 03:54 PM
hah i got G-Games 77s 18x7.5... wif pirelli P-zero tyres brand new...

but damm u brought rims already keke....

Nah.. i havent got da rims yet.. i keep changing my mind.. u sold your rims yet? i mite take those tyres off your hands if u still got dem.. PM 4 u..

Dominik: u silly boy.. haha.. no no.. no monster truck styling for me.. gettin myself some adjustable koni's.. :D