PDA

View Full Version : polish on FD

west
25-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Hi all.

dose any brother and sister here know, where can do a better job polish on black car?
my FD have not been polish for more then one year, look bad,
really really need polish on my car. i tried my self but i can't make it look better.
i m scare those people laft circle marks after polish.
any one can tell me where to go???

thanks

ej20i
25-10-2009, 01:09 PM
i polish my car!

jcroker1
26-10-2009, 08:25 AM
hi West
I have a black FD as well. I agree its worrying trying to get a great result from careing for the finish yourself, but do some thorough research on products and follow the steps involved.
It's time consuming, and involves lots of effort, but reasonable results are possible. There is a great deal of information in this forum, in the "Appearance" section. Look at threads such as:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121503
There is much discussion about the honda clear top coat being fairly soft, so easily damaged if washing/polishing/waxing is not done properly.
I use Maguiars products, available in lots of outlets, and have been happy with the result.
The is a lot on youtube about using their products.
If you are after a showroom result-either be prepared to put in the effort or pay a top quality detailer to do the work for you. Again there are recommendations in these forums.
Retaining the goodlooks after this is down a lot to the wax you use to protect. Again Maguiars is good, but needs to be re-done on a regular basis.

curtis265
31-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Most users here would recommend meguiars products to you. Although pricey they are the best bang-for-buck, and not as easy to 'stuff up'