PDA

View Full Version : whats a good clutch kit combo with flywheel for a h series....?

xolent
26-10-2009, 02:34 PM
i'm after a new clutch kit and lighten flywheel for my h22a but i don't want it to slip as i have heard that even with a heavy duty clutch kit it still manages to slip so could anyone give me an advice of what would be best for my car...?

chowdaa
26-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Well some of the cheaper brands label their product as "heavy duty", but would feel and slip like a oem. you get what you pay for FULL STOP. If you don't like slippage, get a brass button/cushion brass button, then you appreciate slippage:)

xolent
26-10-2009, 09:12 PM
how much would u reckon it will would cost to get one of them with a lighten flywheel .....?

_bORdO_
26-10-2009, 11:11 PM
depends what brand you choose and what your tuner charges.
to hard to put an exact figure. i can tell you extreme is an excellent brand, and in AU!
Which is definitely a bonus in my opinion.
I had a quote for l.fly & clutch kit for around 1k not including labour

shop around my friend, it doesnt hurt to enquire.

(side note: if your thinking of modifying your ride to a turbo clutch kits are more expensive

xolent
26-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Labour doesn't worry me I just want a good response clutch kit and minimal slip anyone the could recommend

Slaz
27-10-2009, 09:11 AM
You can have no slip with a solid or puck clutch but they are going to be an absolute prick to drive day to day and im assuming your not going to be pumping out much additional power with that are you?

BTW extreme clutches have a pretty big fail rate of late and when you hit them up they dont want to know about you, this has happened to about 6 people i know, they all said the clutch disc shit itself and came apart, i saw 3 for myself and the springs had escaped the disc, i havnt used them myself for this reason but if your considering them, maybe ring and ask their warrenty conditions. :thumbsup:

VTECY0
27-10-2009, 04:49 PM
ive got a h23a in my ek i put a excedy heavy duty clutch in it has never slipped and never had any problems with it

_bORdO_
27-10-2009, 09:09 PM
You can have no slip with a solid or puck clutch but they are going to be an absolute prick to drive day to day and im assuming your not going to be pumping out much additional power with that are you?

BTW extreme clutches have a pretty big fail rate of late and when you hit them up they dont want to know about you, this has happened to about 6 people i know, they all said the clutch disc shit itself and came apart, i saw 3 for myself and the springs had escaped the disc, i havnt used them myself for this reason but if your considering them, maybe ring and ask their warrenty conditions. :thumbsup:

oh crap!
ill get onto that.
cheers.

xolent
28-10-2009, 08:22 AM
ive got a h23a in my ek i put a excedy heavy duty clutch in it has never slipped and never had any problems with it

did u just used a heavy duty clutch and a standard flywheel...?

VTECY0
28-10-2009, 03:43 PM
did u just used a heavy duty clutch and a standard flywheel...?

not sure wat flywheel was in it when i bought it sorry man

xolent
28-10-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm was thinking about putting a orc racing clutch but do u guys reckon it's too extreme

xolent
29-10-2009, 08:52 PM
????????? Does anyone have this clutch as a Daly driver ???? If so how long does it last

safetycar
30-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Are you boosted? How much power?

Best bet all things considered would be an Exedy Stage1/2 kit with a Fidanza lightened flywheel from GripForce on eBay in the US. Price of a Stage 1 should be fairly similar to a locally available HD, but if you want a lightened flywheel, you will save a fair bit there.

Plenty of people running Fidanza flywheels and Exedy HD clutches on daily drivers.

Fidanza flywheel is something like 4kg. Two piece, aluminium flywheel with a replaceable friction plate. Otherwise Jun and others do nice chromoly single piece flywheels that can be machined like the OEM one. Weigh 5-5.5kg.

From recollection the OEM flywheel is supposed to weigh something like 9kg.

02gzm
30-10-2009, 04:48 PM
How much power is it making? And what work is done to it? If it's relatively stock then you wont need more than say, an exedy heavy duty. If it's still slipping then you may need to look into your driving behaviour.