PDA

View Full Version : taking off feels like clutch slipping in AUTO JAZZ

taiman
26-10-2009, 10:23 PM
hi guys im not too sure why it feels this way but my VTIS jazz on any take off, especially on hard take off the auto tranny feels as though im driving a manual car with a shot clutch and its slipping...

any ideas?

thanks for the help

kongfu
27-10-2009, 12:50 AM
where are you ?melb or syd?

how many kms on your jazz?more detail of car

Dreams
27-10-2009, 02:52 PM
thats CVT box for you mate!

90LAN
27-10-2009, 03:47 PM
go get a service on the box and recalibrated

taiman
30-10-2009, 09:08 AM
where are you ?melb or syd?

how many kms on your jazz?more detail of car

Melbourne, 144,xxxkms, stocker than yours!

thats CVT box for you mate!

so its common?

go get a service on the box and recalibrated

i didnt know auto boxes get calibrated! what gets calibrated?

e240
30-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Yes - apparently for the Jazz CVT, even changing the battery means you need to get the gearbox calibrated.

you can only do this @ a Honda Dealership unfortunately.

90LAN
30-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Yes - apparently for the Jazz CVT, even changing the battery means you need to get the gearbox calibrated.

you can only do this @ a Honda Dealership unfortunately.

there is also a poor mans way

taiman
01-11-2009, 11:41 PM
there is also a poor mans way

whats the diy?
Any links would be great, if its not too hard il give it a go... If its not too critical...
Cheers

90LAN
02-11-2009, 03:54 PM
cant remember complete details

but you turn off all accessories, drive up to 60 and roll back down
and repeat that a few times

but you still wouldnt know if it was done correctly

can some one shed some light

soetantoa
02-11-2009, 04:23 PM
FYI - Honda Australia recently had a campaign for all CVT GD Jazz "FREE CVT OIL CHANGE", they were rolling out the latest CVT transmission.

I've had mine changed under the campaign a month ago, this new oil works beaut....

Ask any Honda dealer if your VIN is valid for this campaign.

Joe kickarse
02-11-2009, 05:34 PM
whats the diy?
Any links would be great, if its not too hard il give it a go... If its not too critical...
Cheers

take off battery terminal for about 5-10mins. reconnect it. drive on long stretch of road to 60km/h then let the car slow down to complete stop without brakes. repeat about 3-4 times.

william23
10-11-2009, 09:37 PM
take off battery terminal for about 5-10mins. reconnect it. drive on long stretch of road to 60km/h then let the car slow down to complete stop without brakes. repeat about 3-4 times.

Has anyone tried this way?Any feedback?

william23
10-11-2009, 09:38 PM
FYI - Honda Australia recently had a campaign for all CVT GD Jazz "FREE CVT OIL CHANGE", they were rolling out the latest CVT transmission.

I've had mine changed under the campaign a month ago, this new oil works beaut....

Ask any Honda dealer if your VIN is valid for this campaign.

In NSW, could you provide a contact dealer number?

soetantoa
15-11-2009, 08:25 AM
In NSW, could you provide a contact dealer number?

Hi,

Just rang up any Honda dealership in VIC, I've had mine changed at Yarra Honda and another Jazz at John Blair Honda.

I'm pretty sure they said it is national campaign, its pretty stupid to have this so called campaign but only VIC....doesn't make any sense.

Good luck :honda:

taiman
30-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Just an update for everyone...
the free gearbox service are for certain honda jazzs', but no older than 7 years and no more than 160 clicks on the ODO.
From what my gf told me its faulty GB oil, they flushed it three time and on the fourth with proper stuff, ( don't ask me what it is )
Total cost was $280... at least its normal now...

Liger
08-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Hey just to clarify, do you mean when you put the car into drive it sorta lunges forwards? It happens to my Jazz sometimes and its brand new. Is it a problem?

GU357
11-12-2011, 06:06 PM
taiman what model is your jazz? what year?

and i have disconnected my battery many times my cvt is fine.
just take it in for a flush at honda then get them to drain and refill the CVT oil at each 20,000kms service

taiman
12-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Hey just to clarify, do you mean when you put the car into drive it sorta lunges forwards? It happens to my Jazz sometimes and its brand new. Is it a problem?

not really, like when i stop at the lights and on green i accelerate and the car shudders/vibrates for a period before it goes smooth...

taiman what model is your jazz? what year?

and i have disconnected my battery many times my cvt is fine.
just take it in for a flush at honda then get them to drain and refill the CVT oil at each 20,000kms service

my gf has an 06 VTiS Jazz...
it could be the battery, i wouldnt say 100% though it just happened as the battery went flat...

on another note, just a week after the gearbox was serviced at honda i now have a CEL..
Odd... as this has never happened before...

HONTUNE
14-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Yeah you can just go up to 60 then completely release throttle until you get down to 40 then repeat 3 times.

HONTUNE
14-12-2011, 06:31 PM
As for your trans shudder... Needs a flush with cvtf twice and stall test it twice.. :)