PDA

View Full Version : (CL9) POrting head k24a3 question.

felixd
27-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Hi guys anyone have done ported head on the k24a3 euro ? is it worth a mod ? i installed the new header + i notice that the ex head side is smaller than the exhaust manifold gasket.

any good recommendation in victoria that does this thing :)

integral90
27-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Hi guys anyone have done ported match head exhaust manifold on the k24a3 euro ? is it worth a mod ? i installed the new header + i notice that the ex - head is smaller than the ex - gasket.

any good recommendation in victoria that does this thing :)

I can't really understand what you're asking... are you talking about porting the head or the header?

If it's the header, it should line up perfectly with the head ports for best flow.

felixd
27-10-2009, 04:57 PM
I can't really understand what you're asking... are you talking about porting the head or the header?

If it's the header, it should line up perfectly with the head ports for best flow.

porting the head

integral90
27-10-2009, 04:58 PM
porting the head

Not really any point until you do camshafts, the head ports aren't the link in the engine running out of puff first.

If you had RBC + Cams + higher redline then porting the head would be worth it

felixd
27-10-2009, 05:00 PM
will i lose torque and hp ?

integral90
27-10-2009, 05:11 PM
will i lose torque and hp ?

The ports on the K24a3 are the same size as the K20A so they're fine until you start doing proper work that requires the head to breathe better.

I don't think there'd be any difference at all if you ported and polished the stock head with stock cams etc. The only thing you'd lose would be money

felixd
27-10-2009, 05:22 PM
ahh ic thx integral :D will save up for sumthing else :)