PDA

View Full Version : Weird sound

KLR-16A
28-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Hey people, i got this weird sound that happens wen im at high revs and bak off, it sounds llike a whish sound, even wen i chang gear u can hear this whish noise which sounds like grinding but the gears all go in fine.The clutch i got is a heavy duty exedy organic clutch which was second hand, and my gearbox is a type r 4.7fd.Any ideas??

bennjamin
28-10-2009, 02:32 PM
input shaft bearing or counter shaft bearing perhaps is alittle worn.

regardless i think you will be dropping the gearbox again soon.

chowdaa
01-11-2009, 09:34 AM
did the noise only occur after the box change?
is there a sound change at idle, while depressing and releasing the clutch?
is it a similar noise?
as long as the clutch thickness was above spec, no rivets exposed, required components were lubed before reassembly, suggest checking oil level and quality and reporting back.

regards,
Michael

KLR-16A
02-11-2009, 02:22 PM
hey man, na there is no noise while doin that, i spoke to a mechanic and said that if it was the inner or counter shaft bearing in the box it will be a constant sound, but it only occurs wen i change at high revs, it almost sounds like a blow off valve, and wen i back off at high revs u can hear this shhhh sound but wen i put the clutch in it goes,it only started happenin wen i put the new gear box on with the second hand clutch it came wit. Some reacon it might be my clutch bearing???
All the gearbox oil is new!

Slaz
02-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Be the release bearing then, always worth replacing when the box is off when you dont know the history of it, much cheaper then pulling the box again.

ep3_ctr
08-11-2009, 02:52 PM
maybe ur engine mounts are gone and as ur building up power, the engine rocks back, it tends to sound like a woosh at times if there really bad when u let go of the accel.